Chapter 31 - Payback of the Payback

Previously on 'At Scarlet's Wedding':

We all knew her as a savage old woman. Someone who wasn't afraid to speak her mind. A creative and imaginative soul that could make anyone laugh from her brutal opinions, but in the end, she couldn't laugh herself at a small prank prepared by two of her grandchildren. Oh, how cruel times are sometimes.

Scarlet, Blake, Clark and Stewart joined hands to prank the whole Payne family as well as their guests; but something goes terribly wrong. 

When Kevin turns back the power which was his assigned task, everyone is terrified by the jump scare that Scarlet and her three idiotic followers had planned.

And amongst this jump scare, no one notices Grandma Payne slipping away slowly from the world.

Oh, sweet, sweet old Grandma Payne.

Now:

"I don't feel anything."

"Move away, we have to take her to the hospital quickly!" Andrew ordered as he signaled Jared to come to the other side of the wheelchair.

"I'm sorry, dad. I didn't know something would happen." Scarlet was close to tears as Andrew just glanced at her daughter before sighing.

This was an absolute emergency.

Tyler was quick to push the wheelchair all the way over to the staircase with Andrew and Jared keeping grandma Payne still in the wheelchair.

Lauren went over to Scarlet's side, who was the most worried of what had happened.

They didn't know if grandma Payne had gone unconscious or what, and no one was prepared to even think of the most extreme reason. It was surely something that wasn't so serious.

"We have to take her down the stairs. We can't wait for the elevator." Andrew spoke up as soon as they were by the staircase. Kevin and Blake were there to help the three older Payne men as they nodded their heads at what Andrew had spoken.

"We can carry her without the wheelchair. Blake, you bring the wheelchair down." Blake nodded his head as Tyler and Jared came forward to pick up the unconscious woman from the wheelchair.

"Careful now, the last time you almost dropped me."

Tyler backed up from his unconscious mother as he squinted his eyes at her.

"What?" Andrew didn't know what had happened but he was sure he heard his mother's voice.

"Did I just hear grandma speak?" Juliet muttered into the silence and got a nod from Katie, who was right beside her. "Oh yeah, I heard her too."

"Mother." Andrew hesitantly touched the unconscious woman's shoulder and frowned furiously when he saw the old woman peek an eye open to look at her son.

"Yes?"

It was as if everyone had taken a breath of relief, as well as to prepare to scold the old woman for the scare.

"We thought you died!" Blake exclaimed as grandma Payne rolled her eyes at him. She rolled herself away from the staircase since she was afraid of actually dying from falling down from them.

"Pfft, like I'd die before watching you bugs get married." Andrew, Jared and Tyler folded their arms while shaking their heads at how their mother fooled them into thinking something serious happened.

But out of all of them, Scarlet was the angriest.

"That was not funny!"

Grandma Payne shrugged her shoulders in response, "You got to admit, it was a little funny."