Soulmate AU

"Everyone, look at the design on the back of your hand. I know you've all been waiting to know what it means, and now you will. They're all different for each of you, right? Well, one person in the world has the same exact mark and that person is your soulmate," your high school English teacher explained.

It had been the hype for all of school. Until you were a senior in high school, you weren't supposed to know what the design on the back of your hand was. Finally, you became a senior and that was the answer.

Students began pairing up as soulmates because they had the same design, and soon the halls were full of talk about soulmates. Gossip about searching for them, finding them, spending time with them, you name it. It was talked about. You'd even caught a few talking about having sex with their soulmate... which was gross. All through this, everybody had seemed to find their soulmate, except you. You couldn't find your soulmate. Not like you cared or anything. Love seemed like a topic you didn't wanna really get into. It seemed too messy (wink wonk).

"Maybe if I erase my mark..." You thought out loud in a whisper, trailing off. You'd thought about putting makeup over your mark so you didn't have one anymore, at least it would appear that way. You'd seen a few people without those marks, and they were considered to be the 'single pringles.' Some markless people married, though most stayed single.

"Oh, hey soulmate!" a cheeky voice called, snapping you out of your thoughts for a second. You ultimately ignored it, though. You heard that all the time from guys flirting with their soulmate girlfriends. And obviously, you didn't know your soulmate.

You were suddenly tackled to the ground, knocking the breath from your lungs and causing you to let out an 'oof!'. A dull pain shot through your body, causing you to sigh in frustration. People really needed to watch where they were going, but why wasn't this creep off of your back? Before you could question, an unknown pair of arms, presumably the stranger on top of you, held the back of your hand to theirs, and you realized that the marks were exactly the same. Not a difference could be spotted. Meaning... this person on top of you was your soulmate.

"Wh-wha...?!" You exclaimed in shock. Your voice wasn't exactly working, so it sounded airy.

Your apparent soulmate got off of you and pulled you to your feet while laughing, turning you around to face him. He was the most adorable guy you'd ever seen. Purple hair that looked messy, purple eyes that glistened... you couldn't believe you found somebody so cute. He had a childish smile, and he wore a checkered scarf over a white outfit that lowkey reminded you of a straight jacket.

"U-um... H-hi?" You awkwardly greeted. How were you supposed to greet your soulmate you just found after he knocked you over and picked you back up?

"You're shy, aren't you? Oh well! My name is Kokichi Oma! What's your name, soulmate?"

"(Y-Y/N) (L/N)..." You replied sheepishly.

"Heeey, you're too quiet!" Kokichi pouted, getting closer to your face slightly. He was certainly childish.

"(Y/N)! Hey! Are you paying attention?" Kokichi scolded, getting in your face and snapping his fingers.

You snapped back to the present and pushed him away, "I am now! Get away!"

Kokichi giggled and sat in your lap, seeming to forget about telling you about whatever prank it was. He wrapped his arms around you, resting his head on your shoulder. You hugged him back and pulled him closer.

"You know... there better be a good reason for not paying attention..." Kokichi spoke in a growl right into your ear, causing you to stiffen up.

"U-uh..." You gulped.

"Or else..." Kokichi paused, "I'll kill you."

"Wh-what?!" You screeched.

Kokichi burst out laughing, pulling away from the embrace, "Oh man! You should've seen the look on your face!"

You sighed and facepalmed, you actually fell for that prank?! You deserved everything that came at you for that one. "Okay, I get it, I'm stupid," You sarcastically interrupted his laughter.

Kokichi kept laughing, and placed a finger over your lips, "Don't say you're stupid! That's my job!"

You attempted to bite his finger as a joke but he withdrew, making you bite air. "Aww man!" You groaned, crossing your arms.

"Wow, I have a copycat!" Kokichi got stars in his eyes and he grinned.

"Ha ha," You couldn't help but smile back at the purple haired male. Kokichi then smirked and planted a kiss on your lips, causing you to blush a bright red. He pulled away quickly.

"How about you copy that, hm~?" Kokichi smiled innocently.

"Nah, I got my own extension!" You pulled Kokichi in for a kiss, and placed your hand on the back of his head so he couldn't pull away. You kissed him with passion, and licked his lip to request entry. Kokichi opened his mouth but stuck his own tongue inside your mouth, causing you to let out a muffled gasp.

His tongue danced around your mouth teasingly, and you had to eventually part the kiss for air. You were both panting for air, and Kokichi grinned.

"I think I liked that extension~ Nishishishi~!"

~~~
Word count: 904