Dead! Kokichi x Suicidal! Reader

WARNING: SELF HARM AND SUICIDE
~~~

(Kokichi's POV)

There she was, crying at my grave. I watched as she placed flowers on my grave as she always did, and she sat down.

"Sorry Kokichi... I don't think I can live without you by my side. It's been three years and nothing gets better... I cry every night wishing you were there with me, I sob every day wishing I could talk to you. I can't take it anymore... sorry I couldn't do what you'd want me to do..."

My heart nearly broke in two at those words. I hugged my dear (Y/N), but with my ghostly body all she felt was a warmer air. She wouldn't be able to hear me, so I didn't speak. I wanted to tell her not to do it, but I couldn't.

She stood up, with me still clinging to her. I detached myself and floated in the air, still following (Y/N). She kept her head low, using a hat to keep eye contact away. Her weak presence was hardly noticed on the busy streets, and nobody could've guessed that covered by her long sleeves were many cuts of varying ages. A few were new and still bleeding, the blood clumping oddly on her arms as it dried. The inside of her sleeves were coated in old and new blood, but the outside was just fine.

Our home was into view. The grass outside was always overgrown and it was dying, most had already died and thus it was patchy. She hadn't cut or watered it in a long time, she'd lost the motivation. Just like she hadn't washed the dishes in a while, and there were dirty dishes stacked in the sink and on the counter nearby. Her trash can was overflowing, the table and counter had crumbs all over it, objects littered the floor, and more. If I didn't know my poor (Y/N) was too depressed to do anything, I'd have thought she was careless.

She only kept the house because a friend paid the bills, she couldn't even hold a job for more than a few days. So she stopped trying. She grabbed a knife that was bloodstained from her couch, and cut her arms even more. I tried to grab the knife away like I always did, but as I was a ghost I could only watch helplessly.

More and more blood spilled, it began dripping off her arms... this had never happened. The white couch was stained a crimson red, as well as her pants. All I could see was red. Sickly red oozing from her arms. She suddenly dropped the knife because her arms were shaking too badly, and I watched her walk to her antidepressants she had from therapy a while ago. However, she stopped going and she had never touched the bottle of pills. They just sat on the table for three years, unused.

Drip, drop. Drip, drip, drip, drop. A small trail of blood followed her from her severely bleeding arms, and once she got to the table she struggled to open the bottle with such shaky hands. She dropped it a few times too, but eventually popped open the lid. Without any water to help her swallow, she grabbed them without hesitation and began to bring her hand closer and closer to her mouth.

"No!" I cried out, and crashed myself into her arm. Maybe if I tried one last time, I could... stop her.

I went through her arm and the table, as well as the floor but I quickly floated back into the room. The pills were on the floor, and she was on the floor. Did I actually hit her?!

She looked at me, and gasped.

"K-K-Kokichi?!" (Y/N) screamed.

"Please don't do this... I don't want this for you..." I began crying, my ghostly tears forming real water that fell to the ground.

"Why haven't you been here for three years?! Why?! I screamed and begged and you only show up now?!" (Y/N) suddenly turned violent, trying to punch my ghost but hitting thin air.

"I-I can't choose when you can and can't see me! I only showed up... from something I don't even know! But please, don't do this! I don't want you to end your life so quickly... I don't want you... to die the same way I did..."

"You took pills too, why can't I?!" (Y/N) demanded, and next thing I knew all I saw was black. She had banished me from her presence, that much I knew.

When I could see again, which felt like an eternity, a ghostly (Y/N) was hugging me.

"It worked, Kokichi..." (Y/N) smiled at me.

~~~
Word count: 790