{Part 2} Suicidal!Depressed!Reader

The knife was positioned just above your skin, though you made no marks. You just sat there contemplating whether or not you wanted to try to kill yourself. You had wanted to for a while, and you wanted to show that you weren't too weak to do it. But... what if...? No, nothing could save you anymore.

Not even- creak!

"Kokichi...?"

"(Y/N), put that knife down NOW!!"

--

You were shocked at his completely random appearance and maybe that's why you followed his lead, setting down the knife.

"Why are you here...?" You half whispered, still unable to believe the reality right now.

Instead of words, Kokichi tackled you into a hug as a response, a few tears building in his eyes. You'd never seen him cry once so this was new to you, and you hated to see the liar's face streaked with them.

"Kokichi...?" You hugged back slowly, unsure of what to do. He clung to you like a lost child who was afraid of losing something dear.

"Please don't do this... don't hurt yourself.... don't try to-!" Kokichi was cut off by his own sobbing, and he buried his face in your chest. You brought him closer and rubbed his back a little bit, tears also starting to flow from your own eyes.

"I'm sorry... I'm so sorry..."

~~~

It's been a few weeks since that day. Kokichi had got back together with you and he'd been working on trying to be more honest around you, though he had extreme troubles trying to show his true emotions since he'd conditioned himself to just smile off any emotion.

You'd been trying to shake off your depressive thoughts with his help, though even with his return they still lingered a little bit. Not nearly as strong, but they were still somewhat there. It just made life a little bit of a minor inconvenience.

But I still end up remembering the lie of, "I'm just fine."
And so...

And so many things happened. Ironically you'd started to build a mask for yourself to hide your depression since that seemed to be easier. Kokichi, being a very good lie detector, spotted it in a nanosecond and warned you to not hide or bottle up your feelings. So, you were trying your best for him.

"Kokichi, do you wanna play Minecraft?" You asked, holding up two controllers.

"Hmm... okay!" Kokichi giggled, taking a drink of some Panta. You always kept the drink ready in your fridge because he pretty much lived in your home now, and it went by really fast.

You handed him the second player controller and took first player, opening the game to a world the two of you had been building on for a while. It was on Survival Mode but the two of you were about halfway through the construction of a giant castle!!

"Who even lives in the castle?" You asked.

"Us and all our friends! So... wait, who are your friends cuz nobody likes me," Kokichi pouted.

"Himiko, Shuichi, and Rantaro mostly. But if Himiko's here Tenko would wanna move in and if Shuichi's here then Kaito would wanna move in and he'd drag Maki along," You giggled.

"Ehh?! I don't want that crazy assassin in my castle! She's gonna try to kill meeee!!" Kokichi whined.

"Okay, assassin banned. Shuichi and Kaito don't come," You chuckled.

"Well, space man's boring anyways. But Shuichi's fun to tease cuz he gets all flustered easy! He should be invited!" Kokichi asserted.

You laughed, "He'll face time his other friends then. I'd say he'd do it a lot but let's be honest, he'll probably move his entire bedroom into the library!"

Kokichi laughed along with you, and the friendly chitchat continued while you both continued the construction of the castle. You were now leading a mostly simple life, but it was a life you wanted.

"(Y/N)!! Come gimmie a kiss~" Kokichi grinned.

You chuckled at his absolutely adorabe face and kissed his cheek teasingly.

"You missed!!" Kokichi pouted and pointed to his lips.

"Oops~" You giggled and finally gave him a kiss on the lips, which he returned instantly. It was short but sweet, and you rested your head in the crook of his neck afterwards.

"You're so cute when you do thaaat, it's not fair," Kokichi murmured as he played with your hair, causing you to laugh softly.

"You're always adorable," You countered, making him blush a little and pout.

Yep, definitely the life you wanted.

~~~
Word count: 751