Welcome to Pinewood

Christen's Pov.

I stepped out of my Toyota highlander and looked at my new workplace. I knew it would be rough for a change of scene, but I knew I had to do it to start over. I grabbed my duffel bag, box of things for my office, and backpack and started to walk to the doors of the high school.

I was parked at the Staff Parking lot so I didn't see many students, but as soon as I stepped in, they were everywhere. The hallways weren't packed, but it wasn't easy to get around. I was already here before for teachers to get ready for the year and what to expect etc etc so I knew where to walk to.

I had to walk down to the Southside of the building, where 'athletics' were located, and found my little office that was near the door to the fields. I walked in, and found a desk, desktop, couple of storage cabinets, and a desk chair. I set my stuff down and started to get unpack my things.

"Well, seems like you are settling in," said a voice I recognized. I turned around and saw my best friend from college.

"Hey Kelley!" as I walked up to hug her.

"Nice to see you here, I was hoping I would find you here."

"Where's your office?"

"Just down the hall, I was here for about a half hour, and still haven't unpacked a single thing. Too busy seeing people."

I rolled my eyes, but smiled, "would you like help?"

"Would you please? I'll let you finish your office of course, its just since this is my first year as Athletic Director, I get a bigger office which means I have more stuff," she complained.

"Well that's good you got a promotion," I pointed out.

"Did you know I was the soccer coach for the girls last year? I loved it when I could wear soccer pants and a sports zip or something, but now I have to wear the school's shirts, and nice pants, or just nice clothing all together," she complained.

"Really? That sucks it must be destined then," I joked.

When Kelley left, I went back to work to fix my office. I put up some posters like a Nike one, a USWNT one, and a couple of others. I then put some files in order, and my desk and sat down.

I had to get a sense of what it would be like for god knows how long, so I needed to use this space to it's best use. I walked down to Kelley's office, and when I walked in, she had already started to unpack her things.

She looked up from what she was doing and smiled, "perfect timing, I just started to put some pictures up, could you put these files away?"

"Sure, I can do that."

We were working for about 45 minutes, when Someone knocked on Kelley's door, "excuse me ladies, I just wanted to let ya'll know there's donuts in the athletic lounge," said a woman's voice.

I turned around to see a woman with brown hair wearing the same clothes as me. Adidas soccer pants, and a zip with a hoodie.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Christen," I said as I stuck out my hand.

"I'm Carli, nice to have a new face down here. What sport?" As she shook it.

"Soccer. Girls soccer."

"Oh okay, well I'm glad to meet you then, I'm part of the SIPG and Medical staff and I'm working with you and your team."

"What does that stand for may I ask?"

"Sports Injury Prevention Group, sorry, should have told you."

"Oh no that's fine. This school can afford that though?"