The Mistake

Tobin's Pov. 

In the locker room, I was sitting down on one of the benches, pulling off my long socks and throwing them in my bag until I felt a pat on my back. 

"Hey Tobin, there's supposed to be a party tonight at Ashlyn's wanna come?" asked Morgan. 

I looked at her, and thought about how it would be a good idea to get loose and forget about my troubles for a night, "I'm in," I concluded. 

"Yesss, okay I'll go tell Julie!" Morgan said. 

I slipped on a pair of extra clothes, grabbed my bag and  waited until Julie and Morgan came out to walk out to the parking lot. 

We decided it would be even more fun if we slept over at someone's house after, so I offered my place, since my parents and siblings were out either on a business trip or back in college. We all took our respected cars to my house. 

We got ready for the party, Julie and Morgan taking a little longer than I did. I only grabbed a snapback, put on some perfume, and a little masacra and boom, I was done. 

Julie and Morgan however, had to do their hair, put on a full face mask of makeup, change into another outfit for the party, and were jamming out to some music. 

As they were doing all of that, I was sitting on the coach on my phone while the tv was going on in the background. 

I then heard a thud upstairs, turning my attention towards the two, "Hey, what's going on up there?" 

"N-nothing, just that Morgan dropped the curling iron on her foot, a-and she might've burn a toe," said Julie. 

I groaned. Great. Just what I needed. I heaved myself off the sofa, semi-stormed up the stairs and saw Morgan sitting on the toilet seat while holding her toe. 

"It's fine, I'm still okay going to the party. I can still walk," Moe assured us. 

"Yeah, but can you still kick for our game on Tuesday?" I asked. 

"I dunno, but its whatever. What Coach Press doesn't know won't hurt her right?" 

"Morgan, just make sure you play this right, we don't want you to get even more hurt, or even inffect the thing," instructed Julie. 

Morgan nodded. She tested walking back and forth through the hallway, and she was fine, but when she tried jogging, it looked a little more painful. 

"I'm not even going to try to sprint," she groaned. 

"Morgan Brian, you've got three days until Tuesday's game to get better. I don't think we should go to tonight's party," said Julie. 

"No! I don't want to be the reason we don't go!" Moe pleaded, "I promise nothing will happen. As long as I'm careful and don't drink too much, not to mention someone stepping on my foot, I'll be fine." 

I looked at Julie, who looked at me, "Well, it's Ashlyn's house, and the whole team will be there, so..." I said. 

"Fine, but whe're watching you," said Julie. She pointed at Morgan. 

"Yess!" 

After putting on last minute touch-ups, we finally got into the car to drive to Ashlyn's house. Along the way, Morgan had the aux cord, so that meant some heavy duty beats. 

"Havana, ooh na-na (ay). Half of my heart is in Havana, ooh-na-na (ay, ay). He took me back to East Atlanta, na-na-na. Oh, but my heart is in Havana (ay). There's somethin' 'bout his manners (uh huh). Havana, ooh na-na (uh)!"