Party at Servando's

Tobin's Pov.

Weeks past and the team couldn't have gotten any better. The games so far we were dominating. Christen's tactics in games were unusal but they were working. Every practice I would feel her eyes on me. I should think that that's weird, but for some reason I didn't mind. And with homecoming around the corner, the whole school was hyped as ever.

Our football team was doing better than past years, but usually people came out to the boys/girls soccer games becuase we are so good.

Tonight however was a party at Servando's house that every girl on the team was invited. I knew there would be others because one he's a popular guy and two, news travels fast at this school. Its impossible to have a party and not have a hundred extra people come.

It was a Friday and school just ended so I walked over to Alex's locker to wait for her. I leaned on her locker and watched as people walked by. Some people even called my name saying I would 'kick some ass' at the game for Homecoming on Sunday. I went on my phone and scrolled throuh snapchat until I came to Alex's story.

I clicked on it, and saw it was a picture of Servando wearing safetey goggles and holding several beakers. "Pure genius here folks" it said. I frowned and looked up to see Alex and Servando walking together. They stopped and I watched as Servando gently push Alex. She laughed and pushed him.

That really pissed me off and walked over to them. I wasn't going to get into a fight with the guy, but I was going to clearly make it that Alex was mine.

"Sup guys," as I wrapped my arm around Alex's shoulder.

"Hey Tobin, nothing much, just talking how we're going to crush our opponents on Sunday," as he gave a fist in the air.

"Oh yeah, we're so totally going to beat them," I agreed.

"Your coming to my party right, I just have to make sure cause there's a hell lot of people coming tonight."

"For sure man, wouldn't miss it for the world," I slightly smiled. I'm going to hate it so much.

"Great, I just personally invited Alex here, I know the whole girl's soccer team is invited, but I think Alex deserved something more special."

"Okay, well we'll see you tonight Servando, bye bye," as I waved to him. He walked off and I turned to Alex.

"Ready?"

"Yeah but was it just me or did you want him to go?"

"If I'm being honest, yes... I just didn't like him up that close to you that's all."

"Awww, is Tobin jealous, cause its kind of cute," she said as she started playing with my hoodie string.

"Alright let's go," I said as I led the both of us to my car which was a blue 2013 Chevy Camero. I turned up the music and played, 'Not Going Home' by DVBBS & CMC$. I saw Alex dancing in the seat with the beat and I thought that was cute. We drove to Alex's place and we walked up to her house and walked in.

"Hey mom, I'm home with Tobin!" she yelled.

"Hey sweetie, hey Alex," said Mrs. Morgan.

"Hello Mrs. Morgan, nice to see you again."

"Tobin, please call me Pam. You've been here so many times and you've known us for so long," she said as she handed me a cookie she always had.

I gladely took one and took a bit, "sounds good, sweet cookies Pam," as Alex and I were walking up the stairs.

"Keep the door open Alex," her mom ordered.

Her parents knew we were dating, and so my parents but I don't talk much about it. My family was really in religion and they were more conservative on topics than others, and fortuently same sex/LGBTQ+/Legal rights weren't one of them, but it still made them feel a little unconfortable.