Roll Through the Punches

Hey guys, thanks for hanging in here, just trying to balance life's shiz, but here's another chapter. (Kinda long) But enjoy! 

Tobin's Pov. 

I shot up from the bleacher and stormed away from Christen. I heard her calling me back, but I ignored her. I couldn't believe I was going against her, but I need to play this week's game. But my chances are pretty slim at this point.

 I grabbed my soccer bag and headed for my car. I threw my bag on the passenger seat and immedietely started heading home. 

As I reached home, I saw my mom in the garage, while my brother was playing with our neighbour's dog. 

"Hey Tobs, how was practice?" Asked my brother after I turned off my car. 

"It was fine, until Coach told me I can't play this week's game," I said coldly. 

"Why, something the matter honey?" asked my mom worriedly. 

"I just had a really hard fall today, but I'm going to try to make me play," I soothed. 

"Well if Coach Press says you shouldn't play then I'd do as she says," my mom says. 

"God, why do you have to agree with her. Its like everyone's against me nowadays!" I complained. 

"Honey, we're just trying to make the right decisions." 

"Yeah, whatever," I grabbed my bag and again stormed away inside to be by myself. 

During my shower, I found myself scrubbing more aggressively because of me being pissed at litteraly everyone. 

I threw on a loose oversized shirt and a pair of soccer shorts and started working on my homework. 

I blasted my playlist that was called, "jams" and got lost in my own world. During the game, Chirs will just realize how important I am. 

Game Day 

During the whole day, teammates were hyped about our game against Columbus. Last year, we had to go over time, score 1-1 and with just five minutes left, I gave a beautiful cross to Alex, who headed it right into the goal. 

Everyone went wild, and after the game we had a big party with just teammates at Ashlyn's house. 

That was when Alex and I first kissed, and ultimately our relationship started. 

I was sitting in physics, the last class before lunch. Waiting for the bell to ring, I began tapping my fingers on the table. 

"Piss, Tobin, quite it!" hissed Morgan sitting behind me. 

I turned around, "sorry Moe." 

The bell rung, and I shot up and grabbed my things to head up to the cafeteria. 

I walked with Kelley to our lockers, and caught up with Allie and Julie. 

We headed to the cafeteria, grabbed some food, and sat down at our usual spot. The rest of the team came trickling in, and as soon as we had everyone, the table became very loud. 

I kinda sat quietly to myself, playing with my pasta. Everyone was talking about the game, but I knew I wasn't going to play. I would get ready as if I was, but that was all. 

"Hey Tobin, what's up?" asked Allie. 

"Nothing, just tired I guess," I lied. No body knew about me, and I didn't want people's spirit goign down and getting worried.