The Forbidden Kiss

Christen's Pov. 

I rushed out of the auto place as fast as I could. I couldn't believe I was dancing with a student. I decided that I couldn't ask Kelley to pick me up, so I took the public bus that drove near my house. Along the ride, I was playing back the moment with her, and I every time gave me goosebumps, and my heart race a little. 

I stepped out of the bus and walked home, which was only a couple of blocks, but it was nice to be alone and in a quiet moment. As I saw my house, I noticed something off. I got closer, and saw someone break one of my front windows. My porch lights were still on, as well as the kitchen lights that I always leave on. I became scared, and grabbed a small shovel that was laying in my garden. I carefully walked in, and saw that someone threw a rock with a note wrapped around it. 

"Morena?!" I called out. I then heard her familiar pitter patter, and she came trotting in. I sighed in relief and kneeled down to pet her, "good girl," I rubbed her back to calm her down.

I stood up and picked up the rock, and unwrapped the note. 

This is not the worst we can do. It said. I looked outside and saw no one. I looked back and read the note at least ten more times. I wanted to call the cops and tell them about this, but then I thought not to because they might think it was some prank or that there isn't enouh evidence to open a file. 

I sighed at my defeat and cleaned up the broken pieces of glass. I didn't want to tell Kelley or Carli about this yet because I was afraid they might think the same way as the cops would. I ran up to the bathroom and went in to take a cold shower. I thought long and hard about all of this. I would move right away if I could, but I don't have the money for that. I turned off the shower and changed into a pair of short shorts and a tank top. I dried my hair with a towel and looked at myself in the mirror. What I saw was a lost girl who had a lot of untied history. A girl who has hurt a lot of people who didn't deserve it. I screamed, and slammed my hands down on the counter and even punched the mirror. Shards of glass fell, and my right hand had several cuts. 

I started crying and crumbled to the ground. Morena came in and started licking my face, then sitting down next to me. I leaned my head on her, sobbing. I then heard the front door open and close downstairs. I stopped and I the only thing I could hear was my heart beating and the sound of footsteps coming upstairs slowly. I crawled to the corner of the bathroom, and quitely grabbed a hair dryer. The footsteps drew closer, and stopped the door of the bathroom. It was closed, and I could see the shadow of the person. 

"Christen?" it was a young women's voice, "Christen, are you in here?" 

I dropped the hair dryer, and Morena followed close by, growling, "Shhh!" I carefully opened the door, and was startled to see Tobin Heath. 

***********

"What happened to your window?" she asked, handing me a cup of tea. We were sitting down in the living room, me wrapped in a blanket and her sitting on the opposite side of the sofa. The fireplace was lit, and I did feel a bit better.  After I realized it was Tobin, she gave me a hug and she said she would make me a cup of tea. 

"Someone threw a rock and there was a letter attached to it," I said as I handed her the note. She read it, and her eyebrows scrunched up, "I don't understand, what does this mean?" 

I sighed. I knew that she was not going to let it go if I told her it's nothing, so I had to tell her what  it really is, "Well... this is a long story, so might as well get confortable. Back when I was in Sweden, I played with  Göteborg FC and I got along with everyone there. We were winning games, and I even dated one of the girls, Olivia and she and I were almost inseparable. Flash forward for the championship, and we made it to the finals. I love the game so much, and I was determined to win this game, but I was too desperate because secretely, I switched the game balls with flatter ones. Only a coupple of my teammates new, but I was the leader in this. So we played our game, and we won. But when the ref picked up the ball at the end, he found out. There was an investigation, and one of the girls who knew spilled, and that was that. We lost, the other team won the title, and me and the girls were terminated from the team. I lost my chance to play for the USWNT, my friends, teammates, and even some family members. Olivia and I broke up. My chance of getting a job was slim. I came her then hoping that there was some chance for me finding a new start. I then ran into Kelley, who was my best friend in college and she was working at the high school. I told her everything, and I knew she was my best friend because she still stuck by me and even gave me this job. So that's my rough history," by the time I was done, I was crying again, and I looked up to see Tobin staring at the ground. 

"So... you cheated?" she asked. I was hurt by her question, even though it was true. 

I nodded. She looked back down at the ground. It was dead silent for so long, that it was starting to kill me. 

"Christen, I'm sorry for what's happening to you now, but you have to know what you did is not going to change the way I see you. You made a bad call, but your not the only one. Everyone makes mistakes that they regret. I promise that I'll do whatever I can to help you." 

I sighed out in relief. I gave her a hug. Our warm bodies pressed against each other felt perfect. I knew this was wrong, and that it could be another mistake. 

"Do you want me to stay or do you think you'll be fine?" 

"Stay, please?" 

She nodded, and pulled me in for another hug, "I'm not going to let anyone hurt you," she whispered in my ear. 

I took a deep breath in, and the smell of her perfume felt relaxing. We looked at each other and the moment seemed so perfect. I looked at her lips, oh how I wanted to kiss those lips. The gap between up closed, and when our lips touched and it was full of desire and fireworks. It wasn't sloppy or wet, just passion. We looked at each other again and both of us were slightly panting. 

We didn't speak after that. We got up and I set up the guest bed and then we both went into our rooms, closed the door and layed down. I was on my back, looking at the ceiling and of course thinking of that kiss. That damn kiss. I tossed and turned and there was no way I could fall asleep. I needed to see Tobin. No, I NEEDED Tobin. I sighed out in frustration and shot up from the bed and swung the door open to see Tobin right there waiting. 

"Tobin..." 

"Shhh," and that was all she said as she before she crashed her lips on me. I walked backwards back onto the bed. She was soon on top of me as we were now making out. My fingers gently pulled up the hem of her shirt. I felt her abs and WOW. She took her shirt off and we continued to make out. I was beyond caring about the consequenses at this point. I guess I'm the bad girl.