Win, feelings, and Strange Calls

Hi Guys! I'm so sorry for not writting for soooooooooooo long! I've been busy with life and school, and I know that can be a lame excuse for some, but that's what I got. Hope you enjoy this chapter, and I'll try to keep writting! 

Christen's Pov.

"Christen... Christen?!" Kelley snapped me out of my thoughts in my head.

"Huh? Oh sorry there."

'Everything okay?"

"Yeah its just I have a lot to do for the team still. Some paper work and training," that was partially the truth. I had a lot of work with the team, and it was taking a toll on me mentally and physically.

"I understand. I remember when I had to do all that work. But its all worth it since the girls are like a family whether you know it or not."

I nodded in agreement. I knew she was right, but for the past couple of nights I've been up doing paper work, and not to mention helping Tobin that one night. We walked to the nearby park and sat down at one of the benches and sat with our coffees and took in the moment of silence.

"So have you heard from anyone in Sweden?" Kelley broke the silence.

"Nothing. I'm not expecting to hear from anyone anytime soon."

"It's been several months after what happened. They should have at least said something."

"Kelley, they don't want to speak to me, they don't want to see me, they don't want to hear anything about me. Even Olivia, she doesn't want to talk to me."

Kelley couldn't find words to respond. What I did to my friends in Sweden was unforgettable, and I try to not think about it. It was that painful. I finished my coffee, and I threw it away in the trash can next to me.

"I'm sorry, but I have to get going. I have a lot to get done."

Kelley nodded and sipped her coffee, "okay, I'll see you at the game tomorrow."

I nodded and started walking to my car that was parked on the street. I started my car, and took off to my house to get things ready for the game tomorrow. As I was driving, I passed by the school, and saw a big tent set up just off the fields. Homecoming was pretty big here, and it looks like we were going to play one of our rivals, but not Columbus Academy High School, which was the rival for us.

I soon arrived at my home, and when I got in, I let Morena, my dog, out in the backyard to do her business. I rescued her from a recycling center in Oakland and not only did I save her, but in some ways she saved me. As soon as she was done, I walked back into the kitchen and gave her a small treat, before going upstairs to my small office and working on the roster for tomorrow.

I liked the idea of putting Alex and Megan up top. They both seemed to have a good chemistry, and having Allie as attacking midfielder that would go inbetween them. I filled the rest of the spots, and once I was done, I was pretty satisfied with the results. Ashlyn in goal, Becky, Ali, Casey, and Emily in the back, while I had Rose, Tobin and Allie midfield, with Rose and Tobin playing as wings. And Alex and Megan up top.

I sat back in my chair and stretched my arms, and took a deep sigh. I heard Morena coming in, and she layed right in between my legs under the desk. I slowly rubbed her back with my foot and heard her tail thump on the floor.

My phone started ringing and I picked it up, without checking who was calling.

"Hello, this is Christen."