A Late Night

Christen's Pov.

As I was on my late nigt run I saw someone on the soccer field that was by my house and they looked like they were leaning over with their hand on their face. Their car headlights were on and by then there was a soccer ball. I became worried and decided to check on them.

As I was walking closer, I realized more and more who it was but wanted to be sure.

"Tobin is that you?" I asked from behind them.

Their head snapped up and she shot right up she spun around and sure enough it was Tobin, but with a bloddy nose.

"Hey Christen," she said but was somewhat inaudible. Her eyes were puffy and red and looked like dried tears were on her face.

"Tobin what happened?"

"I'm not going to lie," she said with her voice sounding stuffy with her nose bleed, "I'm kinda having a rough night."

"Do you have any tissues, towels?"

"No, but it'll go away soon," she waved her hand away.

I didn't want to see her like this, and I needed to help her in some way. And it looked like her nose just kept bleeding. Jeez that nose is sensitive. "Here, let me take you to my place, I'll grab some tissues and you can be on your way," I offered.

She looked like she was thinking about it, until she finally nodded. I was her coach and she was a student and a player and I needed to make sure this was professional. As we were walking, it was silent and the only noise we could here were the crickets chirping.

I had my hands in my soccer pants and kept looking at the ground, afraid if I looked at Tobin we would meet eyes.

"Why are you out here coach?" she asked while still holding her nose.

"I needed to clear my head, also am having a rough night so I went for a run," was all I put it.

She nodded and our walk became silent again. The silence was starting to become unconfortable, until I saw my house. I sighed in relief to myself and we walked up to my porch and I fished out the keys to the door.

I unlocked the door and walked in and then gesturing for Tobin to come. I kicked my shoes off and walked over to the bathroom and grabbed a couple of tissues and walked to the kitchen to find Tobin sitting.

"Here, this should do it."

She grabbed the tissues and pressed them onto her nose. The blood was seeping, but soon after the flow was slowing down, "thanks coach, I know its late and its a Friday night and you don't want to see any of us."

"Tobin, just call me Christen and I don't mind. Like I said, I was already up."

"Yeah but..."

"I'm not having this, just be glad you ran into me or else you could've bled out," I joked.

She smiled and looked down. The tissues were a bit bloody, but as long as she didn't feel light headed she would be fine.

"I should probably go now, I need to get back to my place," she started to get up but then stopped, "crap."

"What is it?"

"I forgot that I had to drive someone home from the part..." she trailed off, not wanting to finish that last word.

"Tobin, its cool. I know what goes on at high school parties. I was a high schooler just like you going to parties."

Her cheeks turned a darker shade from embarrasment, "yeah, its just all the other teachers are older, and then there's you who is older but still can pull that younger look off. Of course you were in high school at one point and now are past college and have grown up. When I first say you I thought you were a new student but then you are are coach and not to mention some teachers will just rat us out and either tell the police or they'll bring it up to the board then they tell the police or something. I didn't know if you'd do that. I guess what I'm trying to say is that you look great."