Mini Golf

Tobin's Pov. 

My phone dinged, and a message from Julie came up.

J: "Hey, why weren't you at Ashlyn's, everything okay?" 

T: "Yeah, my parents actually wanted me to come home." 

I hated lying to her, but it was the only thing I could do so I wouldn't expose Christen and I. 

J: "Okay, I guess ya gotta do what your folks say, see you on Monday" 

I sighed and set my phone down. I sat down and thought about my date with Christen. I thought I was pretty smooth that night. Wonder what we could do next time? Does she even want another date? 

I deciced to turn on the t.v. and watch Gordon Ramsay yell profanity after profanity at the "poor" chefs, but of course they were all bleeped out. 

 The front door opened, and in walked my mom and dad. 

"Tobin, turn that down, I don't want to be hearing that man!" said my mom. 

I reluctantly turned down the volume, but didn't say anything. 

"How was Ashlyn's house?" my dad asked, sitting down beside me. 

"Oh... ummm... it was good, but I didn't stay that long, I wanted to go to bed early tonight, so I decided to come back here." 

"Oh, good choice honey, you could use some sleep tonight." 

He then turned his attention towards the t.v.. My mom soon came back, and sat at the armchair, "I thought you didn't like Gordon," I said teasingly to her. 

"I'm only interested in the food they make," she says with a smirk. I laugh. 

"Now, I'm curious what Coach is going to do with you Tobin," my mom started. 

"Wh-what do you mean?" 

"Well, we were surprised she made you play, maybe we should email her and tell her you can't play..." 

"No! I mean... I'm fine, and I only played for about ten minutes anyway." 

"I just want her to think she can do that. You need to rest." 

"I'll make sure I'll go easy. I'll just participate in practices," I reasured her. 

"Tobin Powell Heath, you will listen to us. And we say you can't play soccer until you get better," my mom firmly said. 

"Argghh!" I got up and stormed upstairs and slammed my door shut. 

I flopped on my bed, and just wanted to fall asleep. 

I ended up falling into a deep sleep, found myself in the woods, and was walking through the park, to keep hearing footsteps behind. 

I would always turn back, but no one was there. 

I began getting scared, and tried to run away, but it was one of those dreams that wouldn't make you run at all, and I felt pain running down my back. 

I gasped, and woke up to find myself on the floor on my back. I groaned, and slowly got up. 

I got back in bed, to find my side aching. This hurts like a mother fucker. 

********

The next day, I walked in wearing black ripped jeans, loose white shirt and a snapback. The usual look.