My Highlight of the Day was...

Christen's Pov. 

I woke up feeling in a good mood, and it was not just because I had a great time with Tobin, but I felt I understood what to do with all the haters in my life. 

"Good morning Morena!" I said cheerfully. She wagged her tail and gave my face a big kiss. 

I fed her breakfast, took her out, and poured myself my morning coffee in a thermos and grabbed a banana and apple before driving to the school. 

As soon as I walked in the building, I smiled down the halls, and walked to the athletic part of the school. 

"Morning Carli," I said. 

"Mornin' Press, you look happy today," she pointed. 

"Yeah, I'm feeling great today," I shrugged. 

I sat down and began working on stuff, and was able to get almost all my work done. I focused a lot on the week's training goals, and what I wanted to do with the girls during our short time. 

------------

I looked at the clock, and it was almost lunch, so I neatly organized my things, and started heading out, when I get a call from my office's phone. 

"Hello?" I answered.

"Press, I've been giving it a lot of thought, and how would you like to meet me at the Cafe for an interview?" said a women on the other end. 

"I'm sorry, who's this?" 

"My apologies, it's Kira, the radio gal?" 

My heart slightly dropped at her name, but quickly shook it off because I wasn't going to let her ruin my day. I felt saying no would mean I was hiding secrets, and I thought if I would give her even a little bit about my life, that should be enough to shut her up. 

"Alright, I have practice after school, so it would be a little later," I mentioned. 

"Perfect, how does 5 sound?" 

"Great, I'll see you then," I agreed. 

I hung up, and shook off any worried emotions in me. 

----------

The rest of the day was me just trying not to think about Kira and the interview she was set up. What do I have to worry about? Just don't freak out, and you'll be fine. She's not going to get a squat from you. I kept reminding myself. 

When practice rolled around, I was able to focuse on the present, and I was thankful for soccer giving me a good distraction. 

"Hey, how's it going coach?" I looked up to see Tobin next to me. 

"Nothing much, but what are you doing?" I whispered to her at the end of my sentence. 

"Just checking how my beautiful girl is doing," she smiled. I couldn't help blushing, and I knew I had to control myself. 

"Tobin, stop before I lose it!" I giggled. I heard her laugh at my reaction. 

"I actually came her to ask you if you were confortable with the idea of me being your girlfriend?" she asked nervously. 

"Is Tobin jealous?" I gasped kiddingly. 

"Oh stop, this is hard as it is," she complained softly. 

I giggled, and looked at her beautiful face, "yes, I would love to be your girfriend." This day couldn't get any better, and no, I'm not focusing on Kira. 

"And now since we're girlfriends, want to celebrate after practice?" she offered. Because she asked me that, my heart dropped a little becuase I couldn't make it.