Clearing the Air

Christen's Pov.

Beep beep... beep beep...beep beep. I slammed my hand on phone to turn off the alarm. I groaned at the early morning I had to face.

Suddenly, Nila jumps on the bed, and starts showering my face with kisses, "okay okay, I'm up!" I said in between laughs.

I got up and walked downstairs and made myself some coffee for the school, and ate a bowl of cereal before heading upstairs to get dressed.

I turned on music, and started dancing to the tune of Girls Like You by Maroon 5.

"Cause girls like you run around with guys like me 'til sundown, when I come through I need a girl like you, yeah yeah," I sang softly.

I put on an athletic polo shirt, a zip up that had a logo of the school's mascot, and a pair of khaki pants with tennis shoes. I brushed my hair into a ponytail, and sprayed on some perfume.

I know no one cares what I smell like when I'm an athletic coach, but I need to look/smell somewhat decent.

And finally, I put a touch of makeup and looked at myself in the mirror, "looking good there," I complimented myself.

Jogging downstairs, I grabbed my keys and my stuff and gave Nila a kiss goodbye before heading into my garage and going in the car.

I turned on the radio, and headed to the school, knowing I would be early like I always was.

I turned to the local news station, and listened to the news.

"And now some local news from yours truly, Cara Flinch."

"Thanks Kira, here in Pinewood, the Cardinal football team won their fourth game in the row, man, must be luck, or pure hardwork these boys have put in."

"More news, the women's varsity soccer team plays this week against their rival, Columbus Academy High School."

"So grab some tickets, some food, and a good seat cause it'll be a show," added Kira.

"Sure will, and more news about the town, there was a party at a disclosed high schooler's house, leaving only to have the cops show up and break it up."

"Have they arrested anyone?"

"Not that I'm aware of. I'm sure the parents are wanting to keep this quite, so not much information except there were some witnesses that said a huge fight before cops showed up."

"Hope no one got hurt Cara," said Kira.

"Me too, as long as people are safe, that's all that matters."

"Going back to the Women's soccer team, how do you think that new Coach Press coming along?" asked Kira.

"I think she's doing very well. She checks every box the high school needs, and has the record of playing in Sweden as a professional player," stated Cara.

"Now why would she do that? She could've stayed on that path of becoming a famous soccer player, instead she chose to coach to a high school, not that I think that's wrong, but I suspect she had a reason behind why she left," said Kira.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean that she could've been red shirted, or had a personal issue that stopped her, or a disagreement. Know matter what, she had a reason as to why she left, and let me tell you folks, I wan't to get to the bottom of this," said Kira firmly.

"Okay detective Kira, let us know how that works out for you," laughed Cara, who seemed she didin't believe her friend.

"All I can say, I'm..."