Keep My Mind Busy

Tobin's Pov.

As I was driving home, I couldn't stop thinking Christen's smile. It made her eyes pop out so much more, and her perfect teeth were also a standout. I knew when I tried to hid my blush, it was horrible but she was kind enought to not point it out and leave me with the dignity I had left.

I had my favorite car jams playing and I had my window down. Being in my car and driving around was also another way that would calm me down, or just put me in a more relaxing mood. It was so nice that I almost forgot about the party.

And speaking of forgetting the party, when I was with Christen, just being in the same room made my emotions wash away. But she was my coach, and I'm a student, so why am I thinking all of this of my coach? I was kinda scared at these foreign feelings and I knew that I had to keep them to myself or else I would get into some serious shit.

I realized my parents would be wondering where I was last night. I would just make an excuse that I slept at Alex or something. And let me tell you that will be the last time I would use that excuse with anyone. She can just go to hell if all I care. I turned into my street, and saw Jeffrey sitting on the porch. Great. Just great.

I parked the car in the driveway and got out and made a bee line to the side door when I was stopped.

"Where do you think your going?" Jerrey asked.

"Inside? Where else?"

"First tell me where were you last night," he demanded.

"I was at a party, that's all," I shrugged. I was pretty good when lying to my family, but also hated to.

He stood up and walked close to me. He then inhaled deeply into me, and pulled back, "you smell sweaty, did you forget to take a shower, or did the party go in the morning too?"

Shoot, I forgot about the soccer practice with Christen. I must've smelt really bad, "Do you think I would take a shower after a party like last night? I had no time to shower, I had to watch my friends and be the responsible one and make sure nothing went down. It's like taking care of little 6 year old sometimes. So yeah I forgot to take a shower... JEFFREY," I loved it how I turned the tabled around, and I loved accusing him.

"Okay okay okay relax Tobin, jeez, I'm only kidding," he held up his hands in surrender and moved to the side so I could go inside.

"Does mom and dad know I was gone all night?" I asked before going in.

"I don't know, I think they have their suspiciouns, but I'd try going upstairs without them knowing," he suggested.

I nodded and went in, to have my nose be slammed with the smell of fresh cookies. I quitely walked upstairs and as soon as I got to my room I gently closed the door and sighed.

How do I get out of this one? I cant' straight up say I was staying at a teacher's house and I couldn't say I stayed with Alex cause my parents would text her parents and I don't know if Alex would follow. Heck I don't even know where she is.

I decided I should ask people, but not her directly. I texted Allie to see if she knew where she was

T: Hey Harry, do you know where Alex is?

A: Hey Harry, I think she crashed back at Moe's. Everyone's here if you want to come.

T: Okay thanks I might stop by.

A: U ok?

T: Yeah just tired from last night

A: I gotchu, well I'll see you sometime