1. [ Y/N ]'s Backstory.

[ Y/N ] 's POV

I miss my mother.

In winters like this, she'd always made me feel better by making me a glass of hot chocolate, or  by hugging me so tightly I would forget about the cold.

She's not in this world anymore. This house, and the whole world feels so empty ever since. If only it wasn't my 16th birthday that time, it wouldn't be like this.

—FLASHBACK —

I wake up, and it's already 4 PM. I remember that i've slept since 12 AM.

I check my phone, and then i get curious of what date is it, so i check it on the calendar.

Oh!

Tomorrow is my birthday.

I wasn't too excited for my birthday. I never do. But my mother always do. I can guess that she'd leave a note on the dining table and left to buy something special for me for this birthday, considering our family's condition that was kinda... poor.

That may be the reason why father never goes home for work. He never calls us either! He's not a bad father, though. But it means that mother don't have to take care of everything herself. I also help her to make a little bit of time where she can rest from all of her problems.

Well, i then go to the dining table and a little green note on the table catch my attention.

See?

I walk towards the table, pick the note up, and read it, while also admiring her beautiful handwriting.

'[ Y/N ] darling! Mother have a job today, i have to go home late, sadly. But, don't worry! Just watch the house, okay? You don't have to wait until i got home, sweetheart.

Love,
Mother '

Well then, i'll just clean the house then.

—8 PM—

I am currently watching my favorite videos that i downloaded on mytube. I've cleaned everything. I guess I'll stop watching videos now, and then I can relax and swim in the seas of thoughts.  My favorite sea. Of course I'll just be laying in the bed with a warm blanket covering my body.

Before I realize it, I fell asleep, and once I notice that, I already woke up without a single dream at 5 am.

Wow. It's rare for me to wake up that early. Well, i sleept for 2 hours yesterday anyways. Maybe that's the reason.

I walk outside of my bedroom. Where's my mother? She should've been here by now.

"Moooom?" I shouted, as I walk towards her room. While walking there, I can see the main room of the house that was decorated with balloons. Oh mom. I also see a small
'happy birthday' written on a small note on the table too, and behind the note was a cute [ F/A ] doll. The color was [ F/C ]. And it's so soft when I hug it. I decide to still hug it while continuing my walk to my mother's room.

I knock the door a few times before I open the door lightly and peek a little.  I don't want to wake her up if she was sleeping. But I'm confused, and start to peek, and peek, until the door was finally fully open and there's still no sign of her. Huh? Where's mother?!

"Mom? Where are you? I really like this doll mom, I wanna thank you!" i said. mother would usually straight up run towards me and hug me if i say something like that to her, because she really likes it when i say thank you.  But she didn't answer this once. Maybe she's fallen asleep in another room?