9.

I looked at the roof. It's been nearly forty minutes. Percy was softly snoring next to me. Surely his asleep by now. I didn't want to disturb him, but he also knew I wasn't staying, I had to leave.

I gently got out off his bed and picked up my clothes as I went to his lounge room. I got dressed hastily, after I couldn't find my panties. I put on my no heeled boots and scarf, as I did a quick sweep off his room. I found my beret, and behold, my panties. I put my beret on as I picked up my bag and shoved my panties in there.

I snuck out as quietly as I could and headed to my car, fishing out my keys. I pulled up my large collection of metal and unhooked my car keys.

I drove home in the dead of the night. It was just after midnight and I was tired. I had work tomorrow. I turned my heater on as I drove through the fog.

I made it home safely, even though the roads were icy. This cold snap was getting ridiculous.

I felt embarrassed at the security gate and drove slowly and quietly to the garage. I didn't bother putting my car away as I stepped out and locked it.

I hummed to myself as I went to my unit. As far as I could tell, the lights were off in the main house, but I didn't really look.

The bottom of my boots made quiet noises against the icy floor that was mixed with pebbles. I cautiously stepped each step as I finally made it to my door. I opened it up and went straight for the heater.

I didn't turn any lights on as I fumbled around towards my bedroom door.

"Where have you been?"

I jumped three feet as I screamed bloody murder. My hand quickly went to my bedroom light switch as my eyes adjusted to where the voice came from.

On my couch was a silhouette.

"Mr Black? What are you doing here?" I panted as I gripped my chest.

The bedroom light didn't reveal much into my lounge room. I couldn't see him, just his outline.

"I came to look for you." I saw his phone light up in his face. "Three hours ago."

I watched my kitchen light up and I saw him standing by the front door where that light switch was. My lounge room was open with my kitchen, it was a small unit.

I heard the annoyance in his voice as I got my pyjamas off my bed. I slightly closed the door.

"Just give me a second please." I called out as I unclipped my halter dress. I let that and my jacket slid off after I took off my scarf and beret and pulled on a tight singlet and pulled up my flannel pants. I walked out to the lounge room barefooted and turned the heater on.

"Well, I was out." I stated as I opened my fridge for water.

"Yes, I saw that."

I drank from the bottle and placed it back in the fridge.

"I tried ringing you, but I found your phone in a drawer in the kitchen with a smart note." Mr Black held up my phone with the note.

I smirked. "I know." I nodded at him.

"Mr Black, just in case you tried calling me. I've gone out." He read the note to me.

"I know what it says. I wrote it."

"So where is out? Montana?"

I shrivelled at the name. I hate that name. "As far as I'm concerned, I wasn't working, so it doesn't concern you." I shrugged as I went to my room and grabbed my clothes. I went to my washing machine and threw them in there.