22.

It was finally Thursday. The past few days were a bore as I did my chores, waiting for the time Oliver would be back with Cody.

Cody's new room was finished and furnished as I straightened out the blanket on his bed. There were toy box's and books everywhere. This kid is spoilt!

His latest craze was the stickers on the walls. Kion, a lion cub in all kinds of positions was everywhere. Kion was a character from a TV show based off the Lion King.

The room was decorated just like it was from the Lion King. I thought it very fitting for Cody.

As the day continued on and it was after dinner time when I saw from my verandah a car pull in to the estate.

I looked up from my tablet at the head lights as they got closer.

I had just gotten off the phone to Percy and it was getting dark. The car stopped as I stood up and opened the shutter of the window completely.

One door shut, then another. I put my tablet down and went straight for the stairs. Out here in the open part of the house was quite cooler than my room as I only had on thin pyjama long pants and a singlet as I ran down the stairs.

The front door opened a loud kid walked through.

"Monty!" He screamed for me as I ran to pick him up.

"Oh I missed your squishy face!" I cried at him as I gave him kisses all over his face, pressing down on his cheeks. I hugged him tightly before I placed him down and helped Cody take off his jacket.

"I missed you Monty!" Cody exclaimed in his excited state.

I greeted Oliver with a smile before Cody pulled my arm. "Monty! Monty! Guess what?" He asked me.

I knelt down to his level, all happy as he looked at me then I saw his blue eyes look over my head and his face fell.

Frowning, I went to look over my shoulder at Mr Black when he suddenly spoke. "Cody, why don't you tell Monty what you did at nan and pops."

Cody got all excited again as he jumped up and down. "Monty, we went to the zoo!"

"A zoo! Wow! What animals did you see?"

"A tree kangaroo! It was small and red! Like a baby kangaroo!"

"Really?" I laughed at him.

"A gore ill ah!"

I frowned for a quick second. Oh gorilla.

"He copied what I did and followed me!"

"Did he just?"

"Cody, buddy, tell Monty about the Koala."

Cody jumped again, his voice high in his induced happiness. "Monty, I cuddled a baby Koala!"

"How lucky!" I said to him. "How about tomorrow, you can draw me some of the animals you saw?"

Cody nodded as he went to the stairs.

"Cody, wait. I have something to show you first." Oliver called as he followed Cody up the stairs. I followed the pair, staying behind them.

"Oh wow Uncle Ollie! It's like the zoo!" Cody's eyes were wide as he looked in his new room. "Is this my new room?"

"Sure is buddy."

"I love it! Does this mean I'm never leaving here?"

I saw Oliver nod. "That's right."

Cody ran past Oliver and straight to me, pulling me in to his new room. "Did you hear Monty? I'm never leaving! I get to live here! With you and Uncle Ollie. Forever!"

I opened my mouth to talk, but I decided not to. Let the kid be happy in his moment.

After I fixed up a light snack for Cody and gave him a glass of warm milk, I tucked Cody in to his new bed.

It took two books and an extra long snuggle for him to fall asleep and I left the night light on as I quietly left his room.

I was just about to enter my room when Oliver called me. "Can we talk?"

"Of course." I answered and stepped away from my door. Mr Black walked to his room and I hesitantly followed.

He opened the door for me and I stepped in, unsure of where to go to next.

Oliver passed me and went straight for the sofas in the corner of his room. He had some lamps on for a nice soft glow as I sat on the two seater sofa, opposite of him.

"As you know, Cody is living here now. I have spoken to my parents and we have agreed that I should adopt him."

My face lit up. "That's marvellous, sir."

"However, I had a hell of a time trying to get him to behave for me the whole time we were gone."

I frowned. That doesn't sound like Cody.

"Cody had told my parents everything about you. He adores you and I don't have a problem with that. But I do have a problem with the attachment he has for you."

I gasped. "Me?"

"It's like he has imprinted on you. He behaves for you, does as he is told. But he even disobeyed the nanny he had this week. And that's saying a lot, she is scary."

I couldn't help it. I giggled. Oliver looked at me, amused.

"I'm sorry." I said as I calmed down.

"Now as uncomfortable as this is between us, employer and employee, I need to know how much longer you will be here for?"

I tilted my head. I had been thinking the same thing as well. But I couldn't give a direct answer.

"Honestly sir. I don't know."

"Are you still seeing Percy?"

I narrowed my eyes as I saw the smile pull on his lips. "Yes."

"What will happen will you both get serious and want to live with each other? Or get married?"

"I don't think that is your concern." I worded carefully to him.

"I'm only asking for Cody's sake."

Oh right, Cody. "I don't know." I whispered to him. What will happen? I can't expect Oliver to open his home to Percy. From what I've gathered, Oliver didn't even like Percy.

"I'll need an answer. I'll be enrolling Cody in to day care three days a week as well."

I nodded. "Okay."

"Well, that way, I can start to get him separated from you a little bit."

I understood where Mr Black was coming from. This was all for the well being of Cody.

"Mr Black?" I swallowed. "Is it okay if I have all day Saturday off? I'll work all day Sunday to make up for it."

I saw the frown on his face as he thought it over. "Very well."

I thanked him and left his room, walking rapidly to my room.

I didn't know how I would feel about what we had discussed. He was correct about Cody though. The kid has imprinted himself to me.

I looked over to my night stand and saw the stack of drawings Cody had drawn me over the week I was sick. There were get well cards, us in the snow, we were driving a big purple tractor, and one of him, me and Oliver playing in the yard.

I smiled at the drawings. He had a very active imagination for a three year old. I turned of my bedroom light and left my door ajar as I slipped in to my bed.

I placed both my hands under my head as I stared in to the darkness.

I guess it is for the best, to start weaning Cody of me. All I am is the nanny. He won't need a nanny forever.

Oh wow you guys, thank you! Over 400 reads!

Don't forget to vote and comment and share this book!

I'll appreciate it so much! ❤️

Till next chapter, take care