33

Oliver and I sat at the bar as we listened to the background house music.

"This is so much better than wine." I half laughed as I drunk my vodka and juice.

Oliver laughed as he drank his scotch. "Yeah, my mother is the wine drinker."

"Hopefully Cody behaves for your parents."

"I think he will be asleep as soon as he gets on the bed." Oliver smiled as he ordered another drink.

"It was very nice of you to fly us all up here."

Oliver shrugged. "I just want him to have a good day."

"He did. But why do you give in to him so much?"

Oliver stared at me like I had spouted another head. "Have you seen what you do?"

My eyes went wide. "I get paid to keep the kid happy." I teased him. "You're the one with the rules."

"None of my rules seem to be in effect though."

I grinned. I know. "Which rules are we breaking?"

"Sneaking out in the snow?"

I grinned wider. "I've never seen snow until now." I shrugged my shoulders. "So sue me. Cody didn't get sick from it."

"No. You did." Came his flat and serious tone.

I sighed. I got murdered by it. "Worth it." I mumbled to myself as I sipped out of the straw, my smile still in place.

The bar attendant gave a Oliver a fresh drink and asked if I would like another drink.

"Actually, give me something, tropical looking. Surprise me." I turned back to Oliver.

"You've never seen snow before?"

I shook my head. "Not till I came here, no, to work for you." I'm not at home. I'm a good state away from home. "I haven't been back in Queensland in years."

"So you're originally from Queensland?" Oliver asked casually.

"I was."

"Here you go ma'am." Oi! I don't look that old. I took the drink off him and gave him money for it.

I sipped it. Yum! "What's this?" I asked the man.

"Sex on the beach."

Oliver spun to us as he coughed back his drink. "Excuse me?"

I ignored him. "Thank you."

"What did he ask you?"

I frowned at him then laughed.

"Did he ask you for sex?"

I couldn't help it, I laughed harder. Tears were forming as I tried to stop.

"That is not funny! That's a serious question! You don't know if he is clean!"

Oh he was killing me! It took several minutes for me to calm down. "That's the name of my drink!" I laughed again.

Oliver frowned at me and looked at my drink. I heard a groan from him as he spun back to the pianist.

"Loosen up! It's a cocktail." I teased him. I sipped some more of it as I played with a coaster.

"Thanks for agreeing to come with us." Oliver said to me without looking.

"Yeah, well you and I both know Cody wouldn't let me stay behind." I do admit, I had a fun day with them all, even when I spent most of the time chasing Cody or being dragged by him.