12.

I quickly rushed to the child and pulled the wet coat off them. A little boy looked up at me.

"Cody, this is Montana." Oliver said then leaned to the boy. "But call her Monty, she don't like Montana." He whispered to the child playfully.

The small boy smiled shyly and grabbed Oliver's leg. I knelt down so I was level with Cody.

"Hi Cody." I smiled at him. His large dark blue eyes looked at me.

"Hi." He whispered shyly. I looked up at Oliver. Who was this kid?

"You could have told me it was a child." I whispered harshly at Mr Black. There is next to nothing here for him.

"Sit up here buddy." Oliver picked the small child up on to the bar stool, ignoring my tone.

I went to the bag he brought in. It was filled with all kinds of food. I raised my eyebrow in questioning.

"Chicken nuggets?" I half smiled.

Oliver shrugged as he took the box. I got a tray out and gave it to him.

I turned the oven on and placed the tray in there. He isn't going to tell me. It was just on four in the afternoon and I had to do dinner. But first, I fed Cody.

It wasn't till after everyone ate and Oliver put the very tired boy to bed that he called me in to the study. I was slightly annoyed. It was meant to be my day off but yet, here I am.

"Monty, I have Cody staying for a few weeks." Was his gruff tone.

Was it just me or he didn't sound too happy.

"It's not the best timing, because I'll be in and out for a week, depending on this blizzard. I will need you to take care of him."

I tilted my head to the side. "I'm sorry, I thought I was hired as your housekeeper, not a nanny."

"Well, I guess you got promoted." Oliver sighed.

I sat at the chair at the desk. "So... What am I going to do?" I asked, lost.

"Well first of, do you like children?"

I gasped. "Yes. I adore children."

"You have to cook, clean, and run after him. The washing, the driving, purchasing whatever he needs."

I nodded my head.

"So you don't have to do what I originally hired you for unless it's on the list of things that are required in this job." Oliver looked drained.

"My hours?" I inquired.

Monday to Friday, 6am till 8pm. Unless it's a day care day, which I will eventually enrol him to. Then only 6am till drop off then pick up till 8pm."

"What about the weekend?"

I heard the groan. I'm not going to like this.

"Can we negotiate the weekends?"

"Can we negotiate my pay?" I smirked.

"Fine." He snapped. I could see he was tired. The storm was getting stronger outside and I shuddered.

"Great. I'll work the weekends you're not in. And I'll have every weekend off that you are in."

Mr Black shook his head. "That's not going to work."

My face fell. "Why not?"

"Well, I'm a busy man and sometimes you have to take the child with you when you do personal errands since I can't have him under my feet while I try to work."