31.

Oliver's P.O.V

I watched as Cody dragged poor Monty around with him. I saw her rush with him as we looked at the animals.

The only thing he wanted to do was all five of us go to a zoo. So here we are, hundreds of miles away from home.

But I wouldn't deny the kid anything.

I purchased tickets to fly up for the day after his birthday as we had a little party for him at home.

Cody wasn't impressed by the hotel room, but it was a last minute booking as we dumped our bags off there and left for here.

"Oh look Monty!" Cody yelled to her in his excitement.

"Cody is really taken by Monty." I heard my mother as she walked beside me.

Like you wouldn't believe. "Yeah. He loves playing with her. Monty seems to be the only one that can get him to do stuff."

Mum giggled. "He had a tantrum the other day with Mrs Darcy."

I closed my eyes and rolled them.

"Don't roll your eyes." Mum snapped. "Now his tantrum was over her not being fun." I looked over at my mother as she fixed up her sun hat.

"Mrs Darcy wasn't hired for fun." I reminded her.

"But the small time Cody has had with you, he is, smarter, more open and inquisitive then he ever has been back home."

I watched Cody as he and Monty pressed up against the glass of a snake tank. "So you're saying that my original method of a strict nanny was a bust."

"Exactly!" Mum turned to Cody and smiled. "I see it!"

I thought as much. I had a suspicion of the case.

"Besides, Oliver, look how happy he is. Monty is doing a marvellous job. Where did you find here?"

I frowned at my father. "Monty was originally hired as the housekeeper."

"So she has no previous experience with children?" My mother gasped as we sat on a bench in an open exhibition.

"No. Not professionally."

"Wait Cody!" Monty cried out as he ran past us. I guess he already finished in this section. We all stood up to follow the running boy with Monty in tow.

"So, son," Mum buttered me up as she wrapped an arm through mine. This can't be good. "What's been happening?"

"Just work really."

"Are you still seeing that lady? What's her name, the one from that magazine?"

Oh God that was nearly two years ago. "No mum. I'm not seeing anyone."

"You are seeing some one." She teased at me.

I grimaced. "No I'm not."

"Well, I am." She stated as I turned to her in shock.

"Mum!"

"What? I am seeing you."

Oh, this is one of her confusing lectures that she reckons she doesn't make.

"Just like I see the way you look at your nanny."

"What?"

"I see how you look at her. I've watched you all day with those little smiles. They disappear quickly, like you've realised you are smiling at her."

"I'm smiling at Cody."

"If you want to believe that."

"I am! Look how happy he is. As long as he is happy, I'm happy."