18.

I didn't know how to react to what Cody said, but several minutes later, Oliver was knocking on my door.

He was saying something about Cody being three, he doesn't understand how those relationships work.

Then he offered for me to have the whole day off. Go out for a few hours. I stared at him in shock as he stated I should go see my male friend.

I stayed in my room for a little while until I picked up my phone and messaged Percy.

Up for a date?

Are you feeling better?

110%

Sure. I'll make reservations.

Okay what time?

About 5?

Sure.

I offered to make an early lunch for Cody and watched him at the bar stool as he ate his macaroni.

Why would he want me as his Mummy? He didn't even live here. But then again, I thought to myself, he never had a mother. He doesn't know what a mother does. He might just think that the first nice female to him could be his mother, wanting her to stay with him forever.

After Cody finished and I washed the dishes, I went to him and picked him up. I didn't know how to bring that topic up. Maybe I was better off letting Oliver handle it. Mr Black is after all, Cody's uncle.

"Hey, Cody." I said to him as we walked up the stairs. "I think Uncle Ollie is going to take you out for a few hours. Go out for dinner."

Cody looked excited. "Are you coming?"

I shook my head. "No, Cody. I have plans elsewhere. But I need you nice and clean and smelling like a proper little boy." I tickled his ribs as he giggled.

I ran him a big bubble bath and washed his hair.

We blew the bubbles all over the room and clapped our hands, making bubbles fly everywhere.

Cody laughed as the bubbles sprayed on the walls. I picked him up and wrapped a towel around him, taking him to his room.

"We have to dress handsomely." I told him as I pulled out some dark blue jeans and pulled them up on him. I found a nice button up shirt and placed it on him, counting each button, making Cody repeat after me.

I dried his hair and combed it. "Very handsome." I said as I smiled at him. I placed his socks on and placed a jacket over his shoulders. I carried him and his shoes down the stairs and to the kitchen. I sat him on the bench and did up his Velcro shoes. "Look at you." I grinned.

Cody sat up straight as he beamed at me.

"Come on. Help me pick something. I have to go out as well, and I need something nice." I said as I placed him on my hip.

We went out the back door. "Where we going?" He asked innocently.

"Before you came to stay, I was sleeping in here." I said as I opened the door. "This is my place."

I placed Cody down and took his hand, walking to the bedroom.

Cody looked around as he came with me. "It's small."

I giggled at him. "I know." I didn't mind it being small though.

I opened my closet and laid out some nice dresses on my bed. "Which one?" I asked the kid. Cody looked at them and pointed to a dark blue dress.

It was a low cut strapless sheath dress that was nearly floor length.

"Really?" I asked uncertain of Cody's pick.