34.

After we got back home, Cody ran off to his room while I started dinner.

The flight wasn't that long, leaving Mr and Mrs Black at the airport up north. They were catching a different flight back to their home.

I whipped up some spaghetti and dished up Oliver's and Cody's dinner then mine.

We sat at the large and long dinning table as Cody slurped up his spaghetti. Oliver and I haven't really spoken since the five of us had dinner.

Not that I can remember. All I know is I woke up the next morning in my underwear and Oliver's shirt. Oliver was bare chested asleep next to me.

He had assured me we didn't have sex, that nothing happened. That we came upstairs and went to sleep. That's all.

Now I kept a constant eye on Cody. I avoided Oliver. I didn't know if I was embarrassed or not, I just couldn't face him.

Cody and I played races on who could slurp the spaghetti the fastest. Once he finished his meal, he ran off to play again.

I sat at the table with Oliver, us both eating quietly. Oliver sighed and placed his fork down and I felt something on the tip of my nose. I looked over at him.

"You had a bit of sauce on your nose."

"Oh." I wiped it with the napkin. "Thank you."

I finished shortly after Oliver did, as he left the room before I stood up. I cleared the table off and started the dishes before having to bathe Cody and getting him settled for bed.

It only took three books, an extra tight cuddle, some hair brushing and a lullaby to get him to sleep. I went downstairs to fold the laundry when the door bell rang.

I quickly rushed to the door before it woke Cody up.

"Hello?" I asked as I opened the door. In front of me was a short lady, overly skinny with messy unkempt died platinum blonde hair that needed a serious touch up on the roots.

"Uh..." She scratched her arm. Her clothes were dirty, but most was hidden by the long coat she had on and she looked highly unsure of herself.

"Can I help you?" I looked behind her. How the hell did she get to the front door?

"Is Oliver Black here?" She asked.

Oh. Okay. Well, duh, I said to myself. "Just a second. Who shall I say is here?"

"Tell him Sarah Tillman is here please."

I hesitated for a quick second but invited her in. "Stay there." I said as I eyed her off. I went to the study and knocked.

I opened the door and poked my head in. He is in here, ignoring me as usual. I marched to Oliver who sat behind his large desk.

"Who's at the door and why didn't security ring me?"

"Uh, I think she bypassed it somehow. Some one named Sarah Tillman." I told him nervously.

Oliver's eyes shot up as he stood and came to me. "Don't let her near Cody. Don't let her see him." He whispered then stormed out of the study.

I quickly followed him, what has Cody... Oh no!

The lady stood by the front door as Oliver went to her. I rushed up the stairs and stayed out of view as I listened, keeping an eye on Cody's bedroom door.

"What do you want Sarah?"

"Hi. It's about my son." I heard her stutter out.

"You don't have one. You gave him up when you ran all those years ago."

I watched as she scratched her arm again.

"The adoption papers..."

My eyes widened. Was Oliver adopting Cody?

"You probably won't need them." She said quietly.

"Why ever not? I will need them. You gave up your parental rights."

"No. I'm not saying that."

"Go home. You're high."

"I'm not. I'm crashing." Sarah scratched her arm again. She looked so old. A good few years have been added to her skin from drugs.

"I'm not giving you any money. You need to leave." Oliver snapped at her.

"Listen!" Sarah cried out. "I lied to you. About him."

Oliver froze.

"That time we slept together,"

I scrunched my nose up. Oliver slept with her?

"Back in December."

"Years ago, Sarah." Oliver grunted as he crossed his arms. "It was a one off thing."

"I lied. I never told you. I wanted things to work out with Conner. But he kept getting worse with the drugs." Sarah twitched as she looked around, I saw how deep she was scratching her arm. "I made it worse. I killed him."

"What do you mean you killed him?"

"I told him the truth. I fell pregnant from you. We weren't screwing, we were too high. I'm pretty sure he's your son. I don't think Conner is his dad."

I gasped and covered my mouth.

"Don't be ridiculous!" Oliver snapped out.

Sarah cried as she shook her head. "I'm not! It's the truth. Why do you think I slept with you?"

"Because I'm Conner mirror image?" Oliver spat at her. I saw him press the security button on the intercom.

"You need to leave and don't ever come back."

"I don't plan too. I've signed the papers just in case. But I don't plan on ever being near here again." Sarah looked agitated as she gave Oliver the paperwork and went out the front door. Oliver snatched them and stormed to his office.

I ran out the front door towards Sarah. "Wait!" I called out. I saw security come closer. "What about that poor boy? He never met you! Don't you feel any remorse for what you've done to him?"

Sarah turned to me. I could barely make out any of her features. "He deserves better in life than me. I can't change my life style. I won't. I had everything when I was pregnant and gave up the drugs, the alcohol. But I had Conner. He isn't here any more! I'm not having a daily reminder of this family if I have the kid with me." Sarah turned and kept walking as security came. Security placed her in the car and drove her to the gate.

I turned and went inside. What a night! Cody's birth mother, and I didn't know Oliver's brother was his twin!

I stood outside the study door, my hand up and ready to knock. But I decided not to. I left Oliver alone as I went to bed.

Oliver needed to be alone after that.

Second update for the day.

I hope you all like it.