30.

I felt Oliver's breathe on my skin as I looked into his eyes, quite stunned.

"What are you doing?" I whispered to him.

"Something that will probably destroy everything."

My eyes widened. What did he mean by that?

"I'm going to think of myself high and mighty for once," Oliver smirked at me, quoting what I said to him earlier. "And say I'm glad in a way that you're not marrying him."

"What?" I mumbled out. "I'm hurt about it. I turned down someone who truly cared and loved me. I shot him down. I saw he was in pain tonight because of me." I glared at him before peeling myself off the wall and storming inside to my room, slamming the door.

How inconsiderate of him! I thought to myself. I'm in pain over this. I curled myself on my bed and for the first time since last Monday, I cried over Percy.

****

I sat on the uncomfortable chair, staring out the massive windows as I watched the planes land and take off.

Cody's plane will be here in a couple minutes. I made sure I was sitting in the correct part as I waited for him.

Oliver asked me to pick Cody up, but I didn't know if he was flying alone again or not. I could ring Oliver to ask, but that involves a voluntary conversation. That was not happening.

I watched a small plane land and taxi in before me. This must be it. I looked at the screen. Yep. I didn't realise how fast the time has flown since I've been here, waiting. I went to a toy store here, and it was dearer here than any shopping centre. I picked up a replica plane that he would be on. It was only the size of my hand, but it was my peace offering.

I was nervous upon seeing him. Oliver had whisked him away while and Cody and I were on a bad note.

I watched people leave the doorway as I kept my eyes out for the kid. I was expecting him to be holding the hand of a flight attendant or even a pilot, and as outrageous as that sounded, I wouldn't be surprised.

Finally I saw the floppy brown hair of Cody. His hair had grown a bit more to the length I liked. He was smiling and looking up at an older lady. She beamed down at him. Next to her was an older male.

I froze.

They... Aren't.... Flight.... Attendants....

My heart raced. The lady was tall and slender, her short brown hair pinned in perfectly as she wore lady pants and a pale pink blouse. The male was taller and his aging black hair had streaks of grey. He had a grey moustache and wore dress pants and a buttoned up white shirt.

He looked a little bit like...

Oh crap.

"Monty!" I heard the high pitched squeal as the boy ran to me. I bent down and hugged Cody tightly.

"Monty! I missed you! Uncle Ollie wouldn't let me talk to you! I rang every night!" I heard Cody sob.

I soothed him as I played with his hair. "Hey, sweetheart. I missed you too!" I smiled as I pulled Cody away. "Now let's have a look at you."

I examined Cody and playfully eyed him as I looked on his left side and then his right side.

"Um, yeah. Just as I expected!"

"What?"

I shook my head playfully. "You've grown! Can't you see how much higher you've gotten?" I tickled him in his ribs as he giggled. I gave him the small aeroplane and he thanked me. I stood up and faced the older couple.