Crown of Rouges

Part Three

"Just what the fuck do you think you're doing?" Taehyung grunted as he pulled Jungkook by his forearm, digging his nails in slightly to turn the boy's back to the princess quarters

"Just what the fuck do you think you're doing?" Taehyung grunted as he pulled Jungkook by his forearm, digging his nails in slightly to turn the boy's back to the princess quarters. "You can get expelled for even looking inside," his voice softened slightly, this time with more - wait ... is that? Empathy?!

Jungkook nodded, keeping his body facing the stone staircase rather than the boy whom could only be the academy's princess. No one prepared him for meeting her - him - whatever. Jungkook tried for all of his worth to remember the name Jin sunbae had used earlier, what to call the beauty he had locked eyes with.

The pair of boys heard the door click faintly, their shoulders loosening up, "I trust you haven't scared him too much," a lower, older, voice spoke. Jungkook lifted his eyes to see Seokjin smiling at Taehyung, with the princess hiding behind his back, holding onto the fabric of Jin's school uniform - balling the material up in his small delicate fists.

Taehyung smiled at Jimin- which could have made Jungkook pay up a pretty penny from the fact that the kid could smile in the first place. Taehyung cocked his head to the side and outstretched a hand to which Jimin sent a very hesitant glance at Jungkook before interlocking his fingers with Taehyung's. "TaeTae!" Jimin whispered out excitedly, and Jungkook would lie if he said he didn't feel a slight tinge of jealousy.

Seokjin handed Taehyung a piece of paper with the princess schedule rounds, taking a breath before ruffling Jimin's hair fondly. The boy fixed the younger's velvet chocker so that the pendant stayed facing front, and tucked a tiny golden chain down the front of Jimin's dress. Jin then turned to face the new guard. "Jungkook, this is Park Jimin. Minnie, this is Jeon Jungkook." Jungkook smiled, and Jimin gave a timid nod.

Taehyung then took lead with Jimin happily trailing behind him, the two fluttering away down the steps before either Jimin or Jungkook could exchange any words with one another. Jimin stopped suddenly to fix the knee high white socks he had on, and Jungkook rushes to the boy's side to steady him on the stairs. The minute that Jungkook's hand touched Jimin's skin, the two froze. Their eyes met in silence, and Jungkook glanced down at Jimin's socks, seeing that the fabric was getting ruffled up.

"May I?" Jungkook asked.

Jimin only nodded.

And slowly Jungkook tugged his fingers under the white lace top of Jimin's socks. It felt as if the world stopped turning for a second, the only sound was the echo of their breaths. Jungkook began to slide the fabric back into place, each rustle that caused more skin to be graced by his fingers sent tiny sparks of electricity between them.

"Jiminie," Taehyung's voice sweetly cut through, suddenly sending the world back on its spinning course. "We have to hurry." This comment was more directed toward Jungkook. The small boy nodded sharply, and both Jimin and Kook pulled apart from one another like same end magnets. Jimin walked a little faster now, and Jungkook made sure to keep a respectful distance away - not sure if he could explain the way his heart was beginning to race

>>><<<>>><<<

>>><<<>>><<<

The trio reached the crowded student halls, finally exiting the maze of the royal chambers. Jimin walked in front of Taehyung and Jungkook, and it was like a little switch went off in him. Each time he entered the halls, he felt as if the world brought upon his very own spotlight. Jimin was animated and fucking radiant, it was like the entire world was only trying to catch up to his pace.

The boys of the academy cheered or gaped as he pasted, the skirts of his dress were moving gracefully with each step, his shoulders were squared back, and Jimin was showcasing one of his most favorite smiles. The one where his eyes just bordered on crescent moons, and his lips parted effortlessly stringing back to reveal his perfectly rosy cheeks.

Unsurprisingly, everyone began to fawn over him, and it only fueled Jimin's already breathtaking performance. The boy began to stop by various students to ask about their studies or their troubles, listening to each so genuinely and earnestly that one week later he'd still remember them. He stopped by classrooms to sing or sports teams to cheer, doing his very best to not only be undeniably noticed, but make sure no body felt that they themselves were unnoticeable.

Taehyung and Jungkook kept a good distance, only stepping closer or tensing when Jimin got too surrounded by larger groups - breaking them apart - or tapping Jimin on the shoulder when he spent too much time in a one on one conversation. Page twelve, one on one interactions with students during princess duties outside the court or guards may not exceed 10 minutes.

The trio finally made their way into the music rooms, and Taehyung held out his hand to catch the front of Jungkook's chest. The action so rough the wind was almost knocked out of the younger. "I'd really stay outside of the room on this one," Taehyung said cautiously. Jungkook was about to protest until he saw a tall boy stand up from the far piano of the music room. His movements were meticulous and expertly showcasing his best features. The student straightened out his tie before breaking into a smirk.

"Is that who I think it is?" He said excitingly, turning around with his arms wide open. Jimin's entire face exploded with warmth as he ran - in heels mind you - straight into them, burying his perfect make up in the boy's chest. The student tangled his fingers into the younger's hair, laughing fondly as his strong muscular arms wrapped around Jimin's tiny frame.

"Who the hell is that." Jungkook whispered to Taehyung at the entrance.

"Someone you'd be smart to stay away from."

Jungkook took one last glance at the beaming princess, before turning his back to the room. He could only barely hear Jimin's sweet voice start to sing, this time different than before - though Jungkook couldn't pin exactly why. He closed his eyes and listened to the melody that he knew was never going to be meant for his ears, trying not to let Taehyung's words sting.

>>>><<<>>>><<<<>>><<<
A/N - so what do you guys think so far?

I finished reading a really good fic and now have no clue what to do next....ALSO COMEBACK IN AUGUST?! Who's excited?!

- Violette 🌷