Ball Gowns & Commotion

Part Seven

"So you're Jungkook," a student said casually as he leaned against one of the lockers near Junkook's own

"So you're Jungkook," a student said casually as he leaned against one of the lockers near Junkook's own. Instinct told him not to interact - but curiosity screamed the opposite.

"And you're Hoseok."

"So you've heard of me."

"Jimin just can't seem to shut up about you."

That made the older smile, looking off into the court yard. He flexed his fingers in front of his eyes before turning his neck to gaze at Jungkook. "Take care of him, alright?" Hoseok asked, and Jungkook was genuinely surprised at how calm he was acting. Taehyung had freaked Jungkook out with his taunts, telling him how if he ever saw Hoseok he should run before he got flattened. Apparently Hoseok was meant to be Jimin's second guard over Jungkook - but that was before the courts decided it was best to appoint someone with no connection to the princess instead.

But here was the man himself, with zero hostility, smiling brightly while asking Jungkook to look out for the boy he obviously cared for.

Jungkook smiled back nervously, nodding - still slight in awe. "I-I will. Don't worry."

"Oh I'm not worried. Because once you fail, I'll take your place."

>>><<<>>><<<

>>><<<>>><<<

"You don't have to pick me up when I'm out of Princess Duty, you know." Stubborn little Park Jimin pouted as he walked out of his quarters almost head butting his new guard's back. Jungkook chuckled awkwardly, rubbing the back of his neck as Jimin closed his door. The boy wore the regular academy uniform, along with baby blue fuzzy socks that had little white bunnies decorating them. Jungkook could see the top of the golden chain peeking out around the older's neck as he ruffled his hair.

To be honest, Jungkook was a tiny bit star struck over Jimin out of his dresses and make up and well - all of it. The boy looked like a regular student while at the same time there was nothing regular about him at all. No wonder Jin chose Jimin, his natural face was full with color decorating his adorably shaped eyes and plump lips. Actually, there seemed to be extra color underneath his eyes - he looked like he'd been crying. A lot.

"Jimin," Jungkook asked cautiously, knowing the last time the two talked they hadn't exactly been on the best terms. "Are - are you alright?"

Jimin chose to ignore the question and instead headed for the stairs, waving his feet before jumping down from one to the other. Jungkook sighed, running a hand through his hair as he caught up to Jimin and put his hand out to block the blond boy from jumping down to the next step.

"I don't want to talk about it." Jimin said after a long pause, seeing if he wanted to reach the bottom of the steps he'd need to at least answer. He reached up to his collar bone to pull at his necklace, tugging cutely. Jungkook gave Jimin a hard stare, but understood that he might not be the boy's top choice to talk to. Which kinda stung, because Jungkook realized that he really wanted to be the one Jimin confined in.

Defeated, Jungkook instead offered his hand after catching Jimin eyeing it. "Here," Jungkook said softly, and Jimin reached up to intertwine their fingers. The moment their hands clasped, it was as if Jimin took his first real breath all night.

>>><<<>>><<<

>>><<<>>><<<

"Minnie!" Seokjin exclaimed as he ran into Jimin and Jungkook in the halls. It turns out that the two actually share their first period class together. They dropped their hands the second the pair spotted students, not wanting to risk anyone getting the wrong idea. Jimin may not be dressed up, but the dating ban still stands. Not that either considered dating.

Jimin's eyes melted into crescent moons as he walked a bit faster to reach the older. He looked up at him with such admiration that it made Jungkook itch. Jimin cuddled into Jin, giggling as the man ruffled his hair before pulling away. Jin crouched down to level his eyes with Jimin's, "I have a surprise for you, sweety."

"Really?" Jimin said, practically jumping.

Jin turned to grab something out of his man purse, glancing up at Namjoon as his boyfriend walked up to them. "But you have to promise me that you'll be a good boy from now on. No more dirty dresses."

Jimin nodded so hard that Jungkook thought his neck would snap. Jin laughed melodically, as he pinched Jimin's cheek making the younger hide his face from embarrassment. When he looked up, his smile faltered only slightly, no one else caught view of Min Yoongi passing by the halls.

"I'll be a good boy Jinnie. Joon tell him I will," Jimin regains his composure and pouts, using his very best little shoulder shifting to melt the elders hearts. Jimin's breath hitches adorably as Jin caves in, pulling out a new pair of fuzzy pink socks decorated with tiny golden crowns.

Jimin takes them in his palm as if it's the holy grail itself, jumping up and down. He gives his Hyung a platonic thank you peck on the cheek before Namjoon ruffles his hair. "Jiminie, we have to go on our way. We'll see you at lunch."

"Behave, alright baby?"

Jimin nodded, pulling Jungkook by his hand to get them to walk in the direction of their first period class. He was pretty blinded by his new socks, so it took a second to see the scowl on Jungkook's face.

"What is it?" Jimin asked, cocking his head. "Do you want my socks?"

"No Jimin. I don't want your socks."

"Then why does your face look like that."

Okay. Rude.

Jungkook stayed silent, still frowning as he looked from the socks to Jimin, shaking his head. "Unbelievable," he muttered, turning to walk away - leaving Jimin lost in the sea of crowded hall ways.

>>><<<>>><<<>>><<<
A/N - Speaking of fuzzy socks, I want another pair so bad you don't even know. If someone could send me some, I will kiss the hell out of you and then love you for ever

- Violette 🌷