Coronation - 02

Finalè - Part Two Of Three

>>><<<>>><<<

Jungkook sighed as he splashed some water on his face in the bathroom. He could hear the orchestra start to play inside of the ball room, and knew that the coronation was beginning, but it was hard to muster up the courage to stand in that suffocating room and smile while he watched Jimin step into it. Having to stand still, to watch, with no escape. It's been two weeks, each day more agonizing than the last. He avoided going home and instead chose to cruise around the Japanese islands. Because, guess what, he's rich, so he can.

The whole idea of the trip was supposed to be a time for him to breathe, to party and get away from Jeju Academy, but God nothing ever just goes away. Traveling doesn't automatically cut someone's troubles as it's not a physical thing that he can carve out and leave behind. Honestly, Jungkook mostly freaked, and without knowing any better, he reverted to the person he was before transferring to Jeju. Before he was truly happy. The partying wasn't the best idea, as going a tad bit over the top last time was what got him kicked out of his last school, but it proved to be enough of a release that Jungkook didn't seem to mind at the time.

Now, staring into the bathroom mirror, he wasn't sure who it was that was staring back at him. The guard or the party goer. The boy furrowed his brows the smallest bit, straightening his bow tie, and then moving to ruffle his hair. He felt time move like a string attached to his him, pulling him forward from his anchored position. The gentle hum of a clock boomed in his ears and he knew that once the faucet of the sink stopped spraying water into his cold palms, he would need to step back into the real world. That he'd need to face it. Face him.

Could he do it? Pretend that the nights of drinking and dancing and laughing had completely done away with the regret of losing Jimin? Of choosing fear over - over what could have been? Could he actually stand there in that ballroom, side by side to each of the former guards, and keep his head high once Park Jimin swung the grand doors open and walked inside. For a moment, Jungkook closes his eyes, and he could still faintly hear the drop of a beat in Japan, one that had been building up for hours, the crowd around him going wild. The last drop of the faucet splashed against the stone bowl of the sink, and the light pulse of orchestra replaced the foggy memories of Japan, calling him like the bells of a church.

Painstakingly, he moved to wrap his palm around the cold metal of the bathroom door handle, checking his image once more in the mirror to see if his suit and hair was all in place, before stepping out. The second he did so, it was like hitting another world. Music instantly flooded in, people chattered excitedly at every turn, blue gold decorations hung from the ceiling. Even the lighting seemed to brighten just as the sun does the world at the dawn of day.

Swiftly, he moved to stand next to the other guards as ordered to earlier by the current Courts Head, Seokjin, in a very passive aggressive here's what you're gonna do email that he sort of skimmed over. Jackson and Daniel give him a strange look before Jackson cleared his throat, making Jungkook flash a quick, confused glance. Jackson rolled his eyes, tilting his head towards the grand doors where Taehyung stood, flanking one of it's sides. Jungkook's eyes went wide as he gave the Junior a quick thank you, running to stand at opposite side of the entrance to the ballroom. Right, he muttered under his breath, Seokjin needs to shorten his emails. Taehyung nodded at him and Jungkook nodded back before clasping and unclasping his fists at his sides; nervous.