~14~

Natalies POV

Right now all of us are here hanging out around the fire making smores after playing around in the water earlier.

Ethan keeps death staring Hunter since he got here. Its so weird.

Grayson and Hunter are getting a long nicely which I'm glad but I was hoping Ethan would too. Instead he spends most of his time whispering stuff to Elizabeth and her getting annoyed about what he is saying. 

I'm honestly enjoying being here with the people I love the most.

Hunter talks with Grayson about football and me and Elizabeth engage into out conversation.

Out of nowhere Ethan gets up and pulls me away from the group. I see Hunter keep his eyes on me and looks away every now and Then.

"I need to tell you something" is all Ethan says.

Ethans POV

We sit around the bonfire and I can't help but look at Hunter with disgust and anger.

He is a lying cheat who doesn't deserve to be here.

I know Natalie wants me to be friends with him bit I can't. Not after what I found out.

The rest of the them are talking to each other when my brain decides to tell her the truth.

I pull her away from everyone and walk towards the ocean. Away from them.

"I need to tell you something" I tell her looking into her hazel eyes.

"What is it" she furrows her eyebrows in confusion.

I look into her eyes and I think deeply about what I am about to do. I need to say it.

"Hunter is cheating on you" I say in a low whisper looking away from her.

I look back to the group and notice Hunter staring.

"No" she says sternly. Without hesitation.

I look back at her confused on her response

"Natalie I'm sorry to say but He is"

"I don't believe you. He wouldn't do that." she says looking into my eyes.

Why is she acting this way

"Believe it. I saw-"

"I said no. And that's my last word about this.I don't want to say something stupid and ruin this friendship okay." with that she walks back.

I stay back and begin to walk on the beach. I need to clear my head.

When I told her, she didn't believe it. Inside me I knew she believed me. Her reaction said it all. Her eyes were bright and her voice was high pitched filled with anger. She knew I was right but doesn't want to believe it. She wants to believe she moved on when she hasn't.

I begin to walk back and notice only Elizabeth and Grayson talking.

I get closer to them and Elizabeth begins screaming at me.

"I TOLD YOU TO KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT DOLAN" she screams.

"Where is she" I ask worried.

"Well after your dumbass told her, when I told you not to, she came back and told Hunter she wanted to go. And of course Hunter agreed to leave to get away from you."

"She had to know the truth!" I say with my voice a bit raised.

"He is going to lie to her and she is going to believe it to hide the truth she doesn't want to see. Are you happy now"

"I think you should both calm down" Grayson says.

I sit down and we remain silent.

If she won't believe me then we will get proof.

I have a plan.

Natalies POV

Hunter and I decide to leave the bonfire.I don't want to see Ethan at this moment.

I'm a bit mad at him. Of course he would say Hunter cheated. He is my ex boyfriend who is my friend now. He would say anything to break us apart. So do I believe him? No

"You been quiet" Hunter says placing his hand on mine as he drives.

"What's wrong"

"I have a question to ask you" is all i say.

"Ask away" he says looking at me then at the road.

"Would you ever cheat on me?" I ask in a low whisper.

"Never. I care and love you too much. Why would I do that"he says confidently.

"I don't know I just-"

"If one of your friends says something like that to you then they  aren't tour friends they are just lying. They are jealous of us and want us apart but I'm not going to let them do that" he kisses my knuckles and keeps driving.

"Right" I say confused

I look straight at the road and keep thinking about what he said.

It seems so real that he cares about me but there's something off. I can't point out what it is but some things not right.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N

Short chapter sorry I think next one will be longer.

Leave some feedback in the comments whether I should do long or short chapters.

Love you 💖