~21~

About a month later...

Natalies POV

I roll my suitcase all the way to the front of the airport waiting for Elizabeth.

I missed her so much. Everything in New York is so fast pace and many of the people are rude. I missed being in LA.

"Hey your back" Elizabeth says rushing to hug me.

"I am" I say smiling.

She lets go of me and hits my shoulder. I lightly massage my shoulder with my hand and complain.

"What the hell was that for?!"

"For leaving without saying goodbye in person"

She hugs me again and whispers into my ear.

"But I missed you"

"I missed you too"

I let go of her and follow her to her car and put my suitcase in the trunk.

I walk over to the passengers side and sit down while she sits in the driver side and starts the car.

"So are you planning on meeting-"

"I'm not going to meet up with him." I say coldly." Please tell me you didn't tell him I was coming"

"I didn't" she says looking at the road.

"Good"

"On another note, how are things over there."

"I don't like it as much as I thought I would. Its been about a month and the designer treats me badly. Bosses me around so much and I'm basically her assistant. The others are actually learning something while I play assistant." I sigh.

"I'm sorry."

"Its okay. Its just what it is."

"So how's journalism"I ask curiously.

"I wish it was a bit better. I still have my job at that clothing store since I can't find a good internship around here"

"Ohh "

We remain the rest of the car ride silent as we make our way to our apartment. We finally get there and I unlock the door.

"Hasn't changed a bit"I grin looking around the apartment.

"Yeah. You should go rest you had a long flight"

"Help me pack some stuff." I say dragging her by her arm to my room.

I take some stuff out of the closet and pack it in a box. I'm mailing most of my little frames and make up organizers that's mostly it.

"That's all you came back for" she chuckles.

"Well yeah. I'm giving my cousin the furniture I have since I have mine over there"

"Oh" she says disappointed and keeps packing my organizers.

"Elizabeth how about you move to New York with me? I mean you could probably find a job or internship with magazines or those news shows. I also have an extra room in my apartment I don't use. Plus you don't have to worry about this apartment.  My cousin said she likes our apartment and she needs a new one to move into with her fiance." I say looking up at her them looking back down as I continue packing.

"Are you serious Natalie" she says with disbelief.

"Yeah and I miss having you around so will you be my roommate?"

"OH MY GOD YESSS" she says joyful embracing me into a hug.

"Its settled then. I'm leaving today at night but you can stay back to pack and say goodbye. I will wait for you over there"

"YAYYY" she says getting up and jumping around me.

"Natalie can you do me a favor" she says sitting back down and looking at me.

"Sure roommate" I smile

"Talk to him"

The emotion of my face drops and I just stare at her.

I didn't text him or called him but he sometimes tried calling me still. I didn't answer though. Things where good were we left them.  I still need my time and space. I'm not ready.

"I can't do that"

"Why not" she furrows her eyebrows.

"I didn't fully move on yet. I need more time more than a month."

"Can you at least do something about it. He thinks you two might have a chance right now"

"I messed up, huh"

"Just talk to him or something" she says getting up and leaving me alone.

I grab a piece of paper and write a note.

I take the letter and write Ethan on the outside of the folded letter. I borrowed Elizabeth's car and drive to my little hideout. I taped the card on a tree trunk and left.

Last thing I decided to do was go to the flower shop.

Ethans POV

Its been about a month and yet I haven't heard from her. Elizabeth told me she was doing okay but never told me where she was.

Me and Grayson are about to move in a week back to Jersey to help my dad with the company. I'm honestly ready to move.

Yeah I love LA but everything I loved about it isn't here anymore. She is gone to who knows where without saying a goodbye.

Jersey is where we met and I just hope this makes me remember the good old times and help me heal.

I hear a knock at my door and Grayson gets it.

"Box for you" he says handing me a long box.

I open it to find a single flower with a note.

Somewhere only we know
-N

She is back. Or maybe I'm just getting my hopes up.

I grab my keys and drive to our little spot. I park the car and walk the rest of the way.

I walk and notice nobody around. I look over and see a note taped on a tree trunk.

I notice my name written on the from and I unfold it.

Dear Ethan,

I know I left without saying goodbye but I need to leave. I hope one day you will understand my reasons and will forgive me. I also wanted to tell you that we need to do our own thing right now. Remeber if faith or destiny or something brings us together then I will give us a chance but right now I'm not ready. I hope you understand.

I love you,
Natalie

I guess this is it for now.