Chapter 1: Miho

I slowly stocked through the long blades of dying grass of the Forest Of Dead Leaves as I looked for a safe place to set up camp. I made sure to keep an eye out for the Fox Guardian. The Fox Guardian was the person said to guard the forest from unwanted intruders. You might be wondering why the heck I'm here. Well, the Gods sent me here for my Core Test. They sent me to this place so I could find my power out, and they sent me here specifically because my stupid neighbors said I had a strong Ora. Whatever that's a post to mean. 

" All I have to do is survive tonight." I sighed under my breath. Many rumors are passed around about how half of the people taking their Core Test died. My best friend Shiro said it was all just a bunch of bull crap, but after she left for her Core Test she never returned. I continued walking through the trees and dying leaves. As I paused to take a break I heard a twig snap to my left. I snapped my head in that direction and only saw the usual dead trees. I stared in that direction a little bit longer before deciding that I had done it. I resumed my trek across the woods. I eventually found a spot where the trees parted to create a small blank hole on the ground. 

After I marked the spot with a pile of leaves I hurriedly went to gather some sticks. The sun began to sink faster and faster behind the horizon. After I got back with an armful of sticks, I made a small tiki like structure. I wiggled inside the small opening as the sun disappeared behind the horizon. I was left in a swimming pool of darkness. I curled up into the smallest ball I could make and fell asleep....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Miho..."

"Miho..."

"Miho...! Help us, Miho!"

"Mom!? Dad?! Where are you?!" I screamed.

I was back in my village, but in the past somehow. I was standing in the center of the village facing our small little hut in the center of the village. I ran toward the hut and burst through the door. I was greeted by an image of my mom and dad lying in a pool of blood on the ground. I felt the warm tear drops rolling down my cheeks. That was when I heard the bell, the bell that you would hear on the collar a cat would wear. A flash of silver, and there it was. The red choker with a sliver bell on it. I cautiously approached the area it was lying on  the ground. I slowly picked it up and looked at it before putting it on. I noticed then that the bell didn't ring...

BOOM! I rewrote the horrible mess of a first chapter! ;3 Hope you liked.