Chapter 8: Monsuta's Past

Monsuta's Past

     When I woke up it felt like any other day. I got up and went downstairs. I went to the kitchen and cleaned up the glass beer bottled on top of the table from fear of my father throwing one at me once again. Which didn't really have any effect because he would just grab one from from the fridge to throw. Being the oldest child in the house meant I had to protect Nova from my fathers abuse and my mothers over whelming power to read,control, and alter other people's minds. My oldest brother ran at 15 and has been gone for almost 3 years now, but my parents still blame me for his disappearance for some reason. Then it hit me. Today's my 18th birthday. A shiver went down my spine at the thought that I had to leave Nova today. I looked at the clock that read 7:00 A.M.. I let out a sigh. My parents usually got up around eightish. I tip-toed up the stairs and went into my room the size of a closet. I opened the blinds of a small window and stared out at the small meadow of orange tulips and red spider-lilies for a moment before turning to pack my things. I decided on a white button up shirt,faded blue jeans, and dirty black converse to wear. I packed my other two outfits, a locket my grandmother gave me before she passed away, and some essentials. I put the sling bag over me before I walked over to Nova's room. Nova was my little sister. The age gap between us was pretty long (5 years) so she was 13. I took all her features in from her short blond hair to her scarlet eyes...wait, if she was asleep how was I able to see her eyes?
"Monsuta?" Nova said softly. I figured she'd wake up.
"Good morning, Nova. Did you have any visions?" I asked in a whisper. Her powers woke up way too early which is mostly impossible so I'm the only one who knows about it. Her powers are being able to see visions and being able to walk through walls. If anyone found out that she had powers at 13 she'd probably be taken to a lab.
"No visions last night." She said. I could see strait past her lies but I didn't say anything.
"So did you end up having a third ability?" She whispered. Two of my powers had already awoken so I didn't expect to get a third one. Suddenly there was crashing and banging from downstairs.
" I haven't gotten it yet but I'm gonna go see dad then I'm leaving. I'll send you a star as soon as I arrive at my apartment." I said as I kissed her forehead. I didn't look back as I walked out into the hallway in fear that the tears would start and not stop. I stood in the hallway for a second before going down the stairs.
"MONSUTA!" I heard a voice scream. I walked into the kitchen to see my father drinking a beer. Typical. He looked me up and down and smirked.
"That's another 20 shocks." He said.
"What! Why?" I said confused I then heard glass shatter and felt pain on my head.
"DON'T TALK TO ME LIKE THAT! AND I TOLD YOU NOT TO SHOW THOSE HORRIBLE THINGS AGAIN!" My father screamed. I flinched and slowly rubbed my lower back and felt my tail. I mumbled the ancient language of my ancestors my grandfather had taught me years ago and I felt my ears and tail disappear.  He smirked at me and his eyes sparkled.
"You know maybe Nova should take her shots this morning instead of you." I gave him a pleading look but it only made him smile wider. He then shot lightning out of his hands and it hit me over and over and over until I counted 60 of them. 20 for my daily shocks, 20 for Nova's daily shocks, and 20 for my ears and tail. He stopped and I fell to the ground and spit up blood. He only laughed and started to walk toward the stairs. Before he could make it to the stairs and to Nova's room I grabbed his ankle and pulled it out from under him and he fell to the ground. I threw my head back and let out a horrible laugh that I didn't recognize. I teleported on top of him and put my hand on the spot his heart was at.
"This is for Nova." I hissed. I let out a shock of red lightning that made my father jerk and go still. I felt his life spirt exit the room and I knew I killed him. I turned around and let out another bolt of lightning without thinking and I felt another life spirit drain from the room. After the light faded I saw my mothers limp figure on the ground. I let out a spasm of uncontrollable laughs. Until one word appeared into my mind that made me stop laughing.
                            CORRUPTED
   I felt a pair of hands land on my shoulders and I was being yanked backwards. A group of people surrounded me and had there hands pointed at me ready to fire there powers at me. All of them were in the Gods security uniform. One of them said in there walky-talky,
"We've acquired the corrupted Fox."
And from there my vision turned black.

  This is a really bad chapter but it's a backstory and I'm tired but I'm proud of it! But this is Monsuta's ( The Fox Guardians) backstory! I started feeling bad for him writing this... is it weird I feel bad for a character I made up? Oh and next chapter it'll return to the original time and in Miho's POV! But I hope you all have a good day/night! - Java