Chapter 17: Rank

I walked out the door to be greeted by Mr.Sun-shine. After not being in the sun for a week I might as well be turned into a vampire. I heard a laugh beside me and I turned to see Ein. I rolled my eyes at him.

" Follow me then." He said while walking off into the crowd of people. I had to jog to keep up with him. Along the way he told me what everything was. There were tents and small brick houses everywhere and stands selling stuff. I tried to memorize my way back to my little house but I gave up. We came up to a big stone building eventually. He held the door open for me but I shook my head and pointed at him then at the door. How stupid did he think I was? He laughed and walked into the building with me close behind. Inside the room was nothing but a small table and a few chairs. There was a cup of water, a rock, and a long piece of cloth on the table. The girl walked through the door on the other side of the room, I'm assuming she's Nova. She smiled at and limped across the room toward me.

"Hey! Are you finally giving up on the thought that she talked?" Nova said rolling her eyes at Ein.

" Heh. I can talk." I said slightly annoyed. She opened her eyes wide at me. She looked at Ein and then at me.

"What did you do to her?"

"Nothing! She just started talking. I'm offended now!" Ein said with his hand on his heart. She rolled her eyes at him.

"Well, I'm Nova if Ein hasn't told you. Me and Ein are the leaders of this camp."

"Camp? Leaders?" I asked confused. What type of camp is this?

" This camp is for people that the Gods want dead. People with certain powers, people who got their powers to early, or just people who are on their bad side for stupid reasons. Everyone in camp has a certain rank depending on their powers. Me and Nova have some of the more powerful powers so we're the leaders of the camp. The ranks are Leaders, Warriors, Healers, Helpers, and Siders. The Leaders are leaders, the Warriors help fight during war and battles, the Healers help heal people, the Helpers help with selling and growing goods or anything helpful, and the Siders have the weakest powers so they're just here to get away from the Gods." Ein said gasping for air at the end.

" So what are your powers?" I asked them. They stared at me blankly.

"The leaders aren't a post to share their powers with other people unless it's a new type of power in the camp." Nova said with a nervous cough.

"Well anyway... show us your powers that got you captured by the Gods. If you have Air you use the piece of cloth, if you have Earth you use the rock, and if you have water you use the cup. You also need to show us your side powers if you have any." Ein said quickly. I stood there for a minute before deciding not to trust them to much. So I wouldn't be telling them about my discovery of my power. I stared at the table confused.

"What about people who have fire?" I asked. They both burst out laughing.

" You know that there hasn't been someone with fire powers for over 100,000 years unless there apart of the Gods, right?!" Nova said through laughs. I opened my eyes wide at her. Ok so I can't even tell them I have fire powers, great. I quickly thought about becoming invisible and sure enough Nova and Ein started looking around confused. I smiled and decided to have some fun with them. I walked over to the table and picked up the water and threw in on Ein. He squeaked in shock which just made me laugh like crazy. I eventually fell to the ground laughing. After I got done laughing like a maniac I wiped my tears and looked up to a furious Ein and an amused Nova. I realized I was visible again then.

"That was a good one but show us your real power now." Nova said giggling.

"That's my only power." I said blankly. Ein looked at me shocked.

"Well at least show us your animal form." Ein said. I stared at him confused how did he know I was part animal?

"Your a hybrid right? That's why one of your eyes are scarlet and the other hazel right?" Ein asked. Wait. I'm not a hybrid. I'm half Arctic Fox but nothing else... Ohim. That's why she was louder and clearer the other day. She has more control. It felt like I was being torn all of a sudden and I let out a scream. The pain then disappeared as quickly as it came. I shook my head at Ein and Nova as the looked at me conserved.

" Y-you can't say anything about t-this." I stuttered out. I can't believe I'm doing this... I closed my eyes and imaged having ears and a tail again. I heard gasps and that's when I knew I had done it.

"Your an Arctic Fox..." Nova said with tears streaming from her eyes. Ein hugged Nova and gave me a look like he was about to kill me. I hurriedly tried to turn back but I couldn't. Suddenly someone came through the doors and saluted to Ein.

"Give her the map. After you get the map go back to your house and stay there. Put the badge on to, it'll state your rank." After he said that he left. The person turned to me and I realized it was a girl. She had short purple hair and silver eyes. She also had a blue and black uniform on with a badge that said
"Ender. Warrior." In scarlet writing.

"Dang you must have made him really mad for him to do that. Have a good day." She said after handing me the map and badge and leaving.

   What rank do you think Miho will get?!? Well any way if you liked the chapter please Vote and/or Comment! Have a good day/night.  - Java