Chapter 16: Ein and Nova

I woke up in a room that was colored white. When I say colored white I mean EVERYTHING was white. I tried to sit up but fell back when pain seared through my muscles. Panic ran through me as I tried to remember how I got here and what happened.
Realization hit me hard when I remembered. The children,the camp,the weird people, my powers, and Monsuta and Zen... they're dead. I killed them. Ohim got the best of me. All of my friends leave. They always go away. Is there something wrong with me? There must be. I can't push that fact away.The door creaked open as I snapped my head toward it. A small woman dressed like a nurse walked in.

" Good! Your finally awake! We thought we'd have to leave you. You've been out for a day now. I should probably go and tell them." She said before turning around and shutting the door behind her.

"Don't worry about your ears and tail by the way. I hid them before we were locked up in that room." I heard Ohim say. Her voice sounded much louder and confident then it first did for some reason. I decided to ignore it when the same two people that I saw in the hall walked in.

"How are you doing?" The girl asked. She was pretty short but had long blonde hair down to her mid back. She had scarlet colored eyes and was wearing a baby blue dress that went to her knees. I growled at her in response.

" I'd best you be more polite." The guy said that was standing beside her. He was much more taller than her and also had blonde hair. They looked alike except that he had emerald colored eyes.

"Don't listen to him. He's just grumpy that you got to kill Ron. Ron was the guy that you killed that ended up betraying us." The girl said. I really don't know these people and I feel uncomfortable. I turned my head the other way  acting as if I didn't hear them.

"Give her time. She'll open up soon. She has to." The guy said glaring at me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    A week dragged by and I was finally able to stand up and walk around the room. The two people came to my room each day and tried to talk to me but I never answered them. They never gave me their names because the guy always said that they couldn't trust me because I wouldn't talk. I've really just been sulking in the room over Monsuta and Zen. Ohim hasn't said a word since that day either. I was sitting on my bed staring off into space when the door opened and the guy walked into the room... alone. This alerted red flags in every section of my mind.

" What game are you playing? Why did you save those kids when they mean nothing to you? Answer me!" He yelled at me. I flinched every time he raised his voice expecting to get slapped like I did in my village.

" Your the one that hurt Nova aren't you!?" He yelled at me. I tried to remember knowing someone named Nova but couldn't remember.

"Fine. If you won't answer me then I'll make you answer me." He said with with hurt in his eyes. Unexpectedly I started giggling but it eventually turned into a full out laugh.

" You know what? People do anything for someone they love. That's why it's better to love no one." I said with a smirk but I knew my eyes were darkened with pain. He ran toward me but stopped mid way from my bed. His eyes opened wide at me.

"Your corrupted..." he whispered. I nodded my head at him knowing my eyes turned scarlet. Mon had told me how my eyes turned scarlet when Ohim was near taking control. I let out a couple of deep breaths before my eyes turned back hazel. The guy had walked over to my bed and sat at the end with his head in his hands.

" You know it's not everyday you see someone corrupted." He said with pain.

"Did you know someone that was corrupted?" I asked him. He looked at my surprised.

"You talk."

"Yes I do talk. Now answer me."

" It was my little brother. I had ran away at a young age because my parents always abused us. But when I ran away I left it to him to watch Nova, my little sister. He ended up killing my parents for threatening to hurt Nova." He said with pain.

" I-I'm so sorry..." I said.

" Heh. Like you know what it means to lose parents." He said with a smile.

" They both got murdered 3 years ago." I said looking away from him. It dropped into a dead silence.

"I'm Ein by the way. Nova's the girl you always see me with." He said after a while.

" I'm... Emerald." I said after a while. It would pain me to much to hear someone call me what Monsuta always called me.

"Well Emerald. You are now free to leave your room and roam around the camp. This is your room and you are free to personalize it. But first you must come with me to the meeting room so me and Nova can discuss your rank determining your power." He said hurriedly. He got up off the bed and walked out the door. I looked down at where he was sitting to see some blue jeans and a emerald green sweater. I hurriedly got dressed in them and walked out the door.

   This chapter felt odd to write. But anyways if  you enjoyed the chapter please vote and/or comment! Have a good day/night. - Java