Scared

The Saturday morning came and Amanda woke up to her beautiful boyfriend sleeping next to her. She leaned over and gave him a kiss on the forehead before playing with his brown locks. She got up from bed and did her morning routines before going to the kitchen for breakfast. Amanda planned on spending the whole day with the love her life.

The two went about their day with one another like any other day. They laughed and cuddled just enjoying each other's presence, talking about the future, the wedding plans and etc. However Amanda had a bad feeling in her stomach and she couldn't put her finger on it.

The night came Amanda went to turn in for the night while Adrian stayed up and was typing away on the computer in the study. She woke up to a buzzing sound from her phone, she looked at the side of the bed and didn't see or feel Adrian next to her. She looked at the alarm clock and saw it was 1 am. 

The buzzing sound rung again, she grabbed her phone and looked at the glass screen.She stared at the screen, unable to move for a few minutes. She looked at the message with confusion, fear and dread. 

Unknown #: Found you, Amanda!

Unknown #:  Aren't you going to welcome me?

Unknown #: You look confused.

She froze. She held her breath. She looked around and froze at the window. She could hear her heartbeat in her ears. Kevin stood outside, on the fire escape, she could clearly see the palm of his hand that was pressed against the window. She didn't hesitate and ran out the room, she ran down the hallway and burst into the study locking the door behind her. Adrian jolted and looked at her with confusion considering she was just ran in and slamming the door.

"Babe, What happened?!" He asked.
"K-Kevin! He is outside the window! C-call the police!" She stuttered

He grabbed his phone and dialed. They both heard their bedroom window break and Amanda began to shake.He reached into the closet in the room, rummaged through his old college baseball bag, grabbed the metal bat and set waited by the door.

She could hear Kevin's footsteps from outside and her breathing became even more heavy. He started banging on the door, singing her name in his monotone voice. The door slammed open but he wasn't there on the side. Adrian pushed his fiance into small closet, kissed her forehead before closing the closet door. 

Adrian held the bat up in defense, just waiting. He went close to the open door and peered through the side before actually walking out. She could hear her fiance's footstep come to stop and a loud whooshing sound followed by a loud dump sound. She could feel her heart drop before running out of the closet out into the hallway.

At the end of the hallway, she could see Adrian on the ground on the floor, barely conscious, his forehead bleeding. She ran up to him with tears in her eyes, she placed tearful kisses on his head while trying to drag him out of the hallway.

"Amanda no st-stop he's he's gonna-" Adrian stuttered

"Amanda r-run he's" was all she could hear from Adrian before heard a swing of something before blacking out. 

Kevin stood behind his specimen before dragging her out back into her room and out the window. Adrian trying to crawl to follow them, he tried to stand but he couldn't, his vision blurry. He spit up the blood from his mouth onto the floor and screamed out for his love. He was heartbroken and angry. He felt like he failed her, he cried and coughed up more blood before passing out. The last thing he heard was the sirens and the front door bursting open.