chapter two

2: FRIENDSHIP

ALLI

"Nako, nambiktima nanaman sila." Alexid said, rolling her eyes while eating lunch with me. Again.

I don't know if I need to feel queasy being with her or no. Intimidated? Not really. I think she's normal. I'm not judging her for what she does. I based it on how the way she interacts with me : a normal girl. From her words, I can feel that she's tired of talking to guys already. Her rapid mumbling with words supports my idea. She really wanted someone to talk to, and she has a lot of things inside her mind.

As far as I know, no girl in this school attempted to befriend her (because of what she does, yes). And the fact that I saved her, she took that advantage to be... friends. And even with her dirty deeds, wisdom is coated on her words, just like how her red lipstick coated her lips.

"Anong iniisip mo?" she suddenly asked, catching my eye.

"... The reason why you're here."

"Ah... E-Eh gusto kitang kausapin eh. Hindi ka ba komportable? I mean, are you annoyed of me?"

"No. Honestly it's really fine. Having a company makes me feel calm."

"Ah... gusto kasi kita kinakausap. Straightforward. 'Di plastik. Tapos ang interesting mo lang, kasi hindi ka pala-kwento unlike other people, pero nakikinig ka talaga."

I shrugged, "... I'm used to that but... I'll take that as a compliment though. Thanks."

She smiled again, showing off her teeth again, "So... you fine with me?"

At that moment, I knew she was asking me to accept her friendship. I couldn't see the angle as of why they think she isn't friendly-material to others. Is it because she thinks so obscenely? Is it because of her aforementioned brash personality, or is it because of the name engraved on her skin? The name that molded her to be Alexid?

Because so far, she hadn't been brash to me. Like... I'm seeing the other half of Alexid.

And as the days progressed, she made efforts to prove me what she really wanted. There was one time that she switched places just to sit beside me. And then, she just talks to me a lot. Most likely about her flings. She would complain about their... performances and such that even if I can't relate to what she's saying but, I had to admit that she caught my interest, from how she would tell me her stories.

Very detailed.

"His kisses weren't even... deep. Their too shallow for me, 'di ako na-excite, feeling ko nga hindi marunong humalik eh. Tapos janitor's closet talaga ang setting, and it's freaking cliché I tell you. He doesn't know what he's doing." she told me, touching her lip, as if she knew where the guy kissed her.

"How could you tell?" I asked.

"He's forcing it. Malalaman mo naman kung talagang sanay siya. Alam nila kung saan hahawakan ang isang babae. His hands only wandered on my top. Nothing else. Plus, malaway siya kung humalik. Nadiri tuloy ako! Eww!"

Some noticed. Some didn't care since... they weren't really into Alexid's business, and mine. And just like before, I felt that invisibility that my introversion gave. We were invisible from others who just minded their own business so we can be in out little worlds.

But then, I felt this strange feeling. It's something... chilling and hair-raising...

A sudden shiver ran through my skin, that quickly turned my hands dead cold.