chapter nine

9: UNSENTIMENTAL

DARYLL

"Hey man, gotta take a leak for a minute!" Trey, a classmate of mine said before running off the canteen.

I was going to plug in my earphones, when I heard some guys laughing loudly near my table. Well, they were screaming rather talking in loud voices that's trying to annoy the f*ck out of me.

"'Langya! Top 1 pa ren si Phoenix!"

"If her friends ain't into some sh*t, I would've dated her!"

"Nako, 'wag niyong kalimutan si Alli. She's hot too!"

"Oh damn, even her stare f*cks you up. I don't even know what's in her head."

"Who would want to know?"

Then, another laugh emerged from the group of guys. I did nothing but listen to music but at the same time, overhear their conversation. F*ck, I hope someone can shut their mouth! They're f*cking noisy!

"Tell you what? I dare you to hook up with her! I'll even give you my week allowance if you do it!"

"For real?!"

At first, I didn't care whether who that was Allison they're talking about. I was never interested in looking into someone's business that are related in school. Until... Alexid cared to introduce me to her. She texted me that I should bring lunch at the main college lobby for some reason.

"Lex?"

."Oh my god, jerkface!"

"What's up with the... people?"

"What? Them? Friends. How 'bout you?"

Friends. I never knew Alexid considered having friends. She's the type of 'everybody-are-temporary-friends' kind of girl.

"The usual. I just f*cked–"

"Oh sh****t! Language, please!" Alexid yelled, but the guy right in front of me already spitted his f*ck*ng juice on me. What the f*ck?! This would stain!

"Geez! Then, what do you call that?!" I proceed to wipe off the juice off my hand,when I met her eyes.

"Ay! Alli, siya pala yung sinasabi ko sa'yo. Daryll, this is Allison Carpio, and Alli, this is... Daryll McGuire."

And then, I got it. She was that Alli girl they're talking about. Allison Carpio. The moment my eyes got a closer look at hers, I can conclude that they are right: she looks like she wants to kill someone.

But, the longer I was with her because of Royals, I had known that her eyes tell different meanings. Her face is always expressionless. Bland. She isn't smiling or anything, only on occasion.

"I think that's... enough." March carefully picks up the bottle in the middle of our circle, while watching Alexid laugh hysterically like a maniac with no reason beside me!

"I guess the ethyl already got into her nervous system." Cosine volunteered to help me get her up, while she's still at it.

"Can you talk human for once?!"

"I talk human. I don't even know any other languages-"

"Alright! F*ck! I get it!" I stop him, he may turn into a f*ck*ng alien.

We lay down Alexid to the sofa, as her eyes were already droopy. Slowly, she lost consciousness. It's her 'thing' every time she's drunk, she laughs for no reason and gets unconscious. She's that crazy I tell you.