chapter twenty nine

29: Intoxicated

DARYLL

After a few hours of watching movies, and basically dissing each other while talking about nonsensical stuff, everybody eventually got wasted.

I wouldn't literally say anybody, though.

After the second movie, some of us can't even talk properly. Alexid's voice was starting to slur, and Aira now, was talking in English. Enrico got his phone to record the chaos that was happening while the two were having a debate on the current state of government in the Philippines. There were standing in the middle of the living room, pointing at each other's faces, and laughing for no reason.

What the actual f*ck?!

Cosine was holding her girl back, as she was struggling to even stand with her own two feet. My eyes landed on the smile etched on his face, as he gently held Alexid's arms, keeping a safe distance from her back but just enough to keep her balanced.

My eyes quickly went to the single sofa beside me. Allison's eyes were watching the scene in front of her.

"Hey." I called her even with the commotion. In my surprise, she turned her attention to me.

"Let's go. Upstairs?"

I didn't even have to say it twice when she rose from her seat, and went to look for her lost hoodie. I saw her stagger a bit, but she composed herself quickly.

Out of instinct, I held her hand and led her to my room. I wanted to bring her to the rooftop, but I figured it might be too cold now since it's nearing midnight. I don't want her to get a cold just for the view. It's already in the middle of November.

"What's with the sudden invite?" she sat on the sofa, leaning back her head, with her eyes closed.

I didn't hesitate to sit beside her, and let out a smile. "It's too noisy. Besides, they're going to be eventually out, sleeping on the floor. Might as well get out of that mess."

Her soft chuckle vibrated in the room. "You funny little kid."

I didn't know if she was aware, but now, her lips has a beautifully carved smile. I don't know if my eyes were deceiving me, but I was petrified by just looking at her. And the more I stare at her, the more this foreign feeling was keeping my chest tight whenever I see her.

Why didn't I took notice?

"You said you write... poems, right?"

I hemmed, realizing she was asking a question. "Yeah. You wanna read them?"

She answered with a nod. "Are you sure? I can't even focus on reading when I'm drunk."

"Then let me be different. But I might just need a glass of water." She inquired, now her eyes focused on me. I quickly retract, rose from my seat and got the notebook where I write my poems that was on the bedside table. As soon as she got hold of it, her eyes were already engrossed on the plain cover of the said notebook.

I quickly went down to fetch her some water. And a good time to check up on people.

And as expected, they're all wasted. The three best friends were laying down on the floor, already sleeping. But my eyes quickly landed on the two lovebirds on the sofa.

Somehow, I was envious. From the last couple of months that I've known Cosine, he is a very obedient dude. Skeptical, very scientific and nerd most of the time, but he sticks by a certain rule. I am the very opposite of him. Even Enrico and a few of my friends.