chapter nineteen

19: Winning

DARYLL

A text woke me up in the middle of my sleep. I was quick to check my phone, only to sit up straight on my bed when I read the message.

Unknown Number

allison is kidnapped

come and get her

now

Below the message, was the address. An address that I am familiar with. I tried keeping calm yet my nerves aren't doing their thing, knowing Allison needed help. In short words, I felt scared. Those three lines of her message gave me chills.

I quickly head to the main door, only to find my Mom, standing there holding a mug of tea. She looked bewildered at my action, but I couldn't careless. I really want to leave!

"Where are you going, dear?"

"Somewhere. I really need to go!" I quickly open the door and literally I flew out of the house to go with my motorcycle.

As I was driving, I couldn't help but rethink of thoughts that has been going through my head this past few days. One example, would be the time she pulled me down on the cliff.

I know, I can still tell I was furious over her, but the night I saw her earlier with that foreigner, I didn't know why I was angry over the guy, but not Alli. I kept myself calm by drinking yet my eyes focused on the two. This girl I am with kept nudging and clinging into my arm but I couldn't careless. My fist were ready to hit someone. I was ready to give the guy, a black eye and a knockout.

But I was being unreasonable, for he was doing nothing, but converse with the girl.

Yet at the back of my mind, I could sworn that they were flirting with each other.

F*ck! My thoughts did nothing to calm me down, but fuel this unknown emotion that has been tormenting me for the past few days.

Later on, I stopped the engine of my motorcycle, looking at an old warehouse. It's actually a residential house, but the big warehouse beside it is the one I'm familiar with.

Allan's hideout.

When we were friends, we used to hangout here, calling it his second haven. It is owned by him, only managed by his parents and relatives. Somehow, they let him live there alone. I managed to sneak in without making any noises. I really know my way here.

Looking for possible entrances, the only thing that's available is the window on the second floor. If I would enter through the main door, it would be risky.

Damn, this is a literal workout for my muscles!

Not too long, I figured out a way to climb up to the windows, quietly stepping my foot inside the dark room. Allan's room reeked of alcohol and women, like literally he has posters of random girls on the wall. Probably from reading magazines. My eyes finally settle in, figuring out he isn't here. Lucky me.

I sneakily made my way out of the room, descending downstairs, earning a few creaks from the wooden stairs, turning to the right to find the door that would directly lead me to the warehouse. Judging from the inaudible voices inside of the room and the light emitted from under the door, they're here!