chapter three

3: SECRET ALLIANCE

ALLI

It took me days to digest everything Alexid told me. It took me hours to observe anyone who dared talk about them behind their backs. And as for anyone I've observed, all of them had the same feeling: hatred and fear.

No one liked gamechangers. Only the freshmen boys that wanted to be on his little frat that Dexter organized. I might add that he's not that too cliché to name it actually. He's actually clever about the move 'cause no one would suspect anything if you were hanging out with freshmen guys, right?

But then again, the students decided to name them, Strikers. For some bizzare reason they chose that as a name, as a sub-group of Gamechangers.

As for Alexid, the only thing he hated from the gamechangers was Allan. She told me that they, the gamechangers, never meddled her private, after-school business, and just continue on with their lives, but they meddled anyone they never liked. That includes my bestfriend, Evan.

Alexid gave me a choice of what she offered. Yes, it might not be something big, but I felt it was. Having a group taking down a powerful one meant business. And I mean, business that may involve a lot of fighting. Dex was never an easy opponent. Being the only son of the secretary of the Dept. of Education, grants him this... different power. His bad-doings are easily sugarcoated from the media with just a snap of his fingers. He had connections. His dad has, and so is Dexter.

I would easily describe his group as rebels. They are the typical rebellious teenagers who only wanted attention. Only they are powerful. Strong. Fighters. Dangerous.

Evan was no match for them. He was helpless. And I've gone so stupid for not noticing the wounds he has on his face, days before his death. He was a kind guy. Philosophical maybe, but very sensible and forgiving. Despite all that, nobody really cared. He was used. Kindness was never a word for anyone. They only deceived him. Dragged him down. Used all of him.

It was never a good sight, but I never spoke up, because he didn't want me to.

I realized that, the bad ones seemed to outsmart the good ones. Just because they have their own definition of strength. Just because they think kindness is for the weak. I guess they haven't know that kindness can kill.

And I could only imagine if Dex would set me as his latest target. That would be so... fun. After all, he didn't know me, but I already know him.

After a lot of thinking, here I am now, in front of Alexid with a shocked reaction after telling her that I will form a group to take them down.

Actually, some students had the courage to fight the gamechangers in a group, but so far, none suceeded. In fact, most of them are the ones that had greater power than Dexter... but somehow, he was cunning and clever. He'll use his own connections just to bring you down. He'll play mind games. He'll use every single thing in you just to make your downfall.

And why am I now deciding to form a group? 'Cause I'll make sure that I'll make his downfall without him even knowing it.

We were just done eating when I announced to her my biggest decision. She blinked thrice just to get back to her senses, her eyes never leaving me.

"A-Alright! So, paano natin 'to gagawin?! Mag-iinvite na ba ako ng mga stu–"

"Wait!" I cut her off. "That's not what I have in mind."