chapter twenty five

25: Friends

DARYLL

With each seconds passing by, my mind kept bugging me of knowing where Allison and Alexid is. Especially, they're the ones who are most affected as of what happened.

"Mom, have you visited Alexid?"

Mom looked up from the bag she's rummaging on the long sofa. Her eyes were already droopy, probably tired just because she had to go to the restaurant, to the house and to the hospital just to get me my things. She heaved a sigh after a long eye contact with me. "She's... not fine, Daryll. She's traumatized I can tell. Ms. Gonzales is already there for her."

With the mention of her psychiatrist, I can't help but worry. F*ck. I should have not let her come for the ambush. Sh*t.

"How 'bout Sir Jeremy?" I asked, pertaining to her father.

"From what I can see, he isn't doing any help to the poor lady. I mean, Sydney is there for her too, I'm not sure about Jeremy. I mean their daughter is in a hospital. They should be aware of her well-being."

I can't help but sigh. I wouldn't say that this is her fault. She came because she wants to help and values the group so dearly. She never really liked people and knowing she's brave enough to face whatever she has to, made me realize how this changed her a lot. A whole lot.

And I did change, even if I deny it.

It's a good change anyway. I'm not going to complain. If I would given a change to go back and change things, I wouldn't.

I'm glad that I never believed in Royals at first glace.

I'm glad that I joined Royals.

I'm glad that I met other people who suffers like me too.

I'm glad she decided to pull me down that cliff.

I'm glad she became the leader of Royals.

I'm glad Allison told me what she thinks of.

I'm glad that I invited her over my house' rooftop.

When she knelt down on the concrete, tears falling from her eyes, I knew her walls broke down. Her skin was tainted with blood and sweat, but it didn't matter to her.

She can't even look up. She can't make any eye contact on anyone but the ground.

I hugged her tight, not knowing what to do. I could've let her go after a while, but I couldn't. My mouth just went out and tried to remind her that we were here for her and just stayed behind her, because that's what I can do. What I actually wanted to do.

Accompanying her to the outside while still behind her, I was hesitant to let her go. Her cousin was giving me the looks, but I couldn't care less.

She was crying for f*ck's sake. She can't even look up and talk.

She was just silently doing what she needs to do. She got inside the car, but as Leslie closed the door for her, a smile showed up when she looked at me. A smile of gratitude, maybe.

I watched how the Jeep Commander slowly got out of my sight. I stood on my place minutes before Enrico insisted to go to the hospital.

"Hey, I'll be going outside."

"Where?"

"Just going to visit someone around here."