chapter twenty two

22: You Would Be A Rebel Yourself

ALEXID

A few days had passed, and still, there was no replies from Allison. Aaminin ko na lalong lumalala ang pag-aalala ko sa kanya. I mean, we were happy when we successfully done our mission, but suddenly, she was MIA.

No replies. No phone calls. No texts. Not even a presence in school.

Isa ako sa mga nakapanood kung paano binugbog ni Allison si Allan, at kung paano niya sinira ang plantation with her flamethrower, that I thought was a chainsaw (nakahinga ako ng maluwag noong malaman iyon). I can tell she's not even to her peak when she lashed out on all of them. Iyon pa lang ang patikim niya. She was holding back.

We were holding her back.

Kung galit kami sa kanila, halatang mas galit siya kesa sa amin. I asked everyone to check on her, and as I was on my final decision of going to her house, my mind thought of Daryll, forgetting they had this 'communication' back then.

I couldn't help but smile when I learned that she was fine. Although, Daryll had to tell me that they went to talk about something that he needed to keep a secret. It was fine for me. I mean, I also have secrets that I haven't had the confidence to share to her. Someday I would, but I wasn't ready.

Everything was fine, until my eyes landed on the room window where March and Ruiz were.

Pinatawag ako sa office, in which I followed without hesitation, kahit pa lahat ng titig ay nasa akin. Hindi na rin naman ako nabigla, nasabihan na rin naman ako tungkol dito sa pamamagitan ng text message. I even told Royals. Sadyang maaga lang ang pagpapatawag. In the middle of the class pa yan, ah.

Hindi na rin bago ang itsura ng office sa akin, since I was a frequent visitor back in the days. Yep, there was a time, Alexid was the typical rebel, that girl who never cared about school, hoping the next day she's expelled already.

Luckily, I had someone to hold on to.

The light-yellow paint on the wall might compliment the lively decorations of the room, from the green plants and marble statues, but the stern, cold face of Mr. Mendez says otherwise. Hindi pa naman ganoon katanda ang itsura niya, pero nakakatakot na siya kung titingnan sa malayo.

I, for one, was one of those people that were never scared of him. In my case though, it wasn't because I was a rebel, it is because I saw something more through his slanted eyebrows, I saw a heart, pure as gold.

Just when I was ruining my life, he was one of the people who were there that guided me.

It was a surprise that I was bought here. Again. It's been long since I was, anyway. The silence enveloped the whole room.

Only that was broken when we heard the door open, revealing Daryll and the two SSC officers.

Aba, kasali rin pala 'to. Palibhasa hindi nagche-check ng messages. Paano? Laging nakakatanggap ng random texts mula sa mga naging babae niya na ngayon hindi na niya pinapansin.

That's already a big change in such a short amount of time since he became a member of Royals.

"Thank you, Ruiz and March. You can now go to your respective classes."

Umupo si Daryll sa opposite chair ko. Tumingin siya sa'kin, mouthing if I was fine. I nodded, and turned to face the dean.

"Look, as much as I don't want to see the two of your faces, a concerned student-"