Chapter 10

~The Play~

Narrator's POV

It's time to shine the spot light. Teachers, parents and students took their seats willingly and waited patiently for the play to begin.

"Ladies and Gentleman. This school play is written by our own students Camila Cabello and Normani Hamilton. It is play where we look how imprisoned a closeted teenagers might have feel. It is awareness we want to raise for out children to not feel this way. It will be a love story of two girls, who fell in love in a wrong time, wrong gender. So please remain seated as the play is about to begin." Mr. Fitz announced and left the stage immediately.

Everyone watched attentively, some are even at the edge of their seats as the drama will grow wild.

It was now part two of the play, after intermission. The favorite part of Mr. Green and Mr. Fitz.

*on stage*

Camila was sitting on a bench, confused and wide awake when her cousin Ally came along to comfort her.

"I know it is not easy, they even band you from seeing her as a friend. They might think it will stop you from thinking you like someone with the same gender." Ally explained as she rubs comforting circles around Camila's back.

"That's what they thought!" Camila said as she stands up angrily.

"Doing this won't stop me of what I feel for her! Doing this is not gonna change me for who I am. All these years I tried finding myself. I tried searching in every possible way but when I found it. They took that freedom away from me!" Camila ranted as she walks around the bench.

"What it is..... Did you find?" Ally asked as she looks at Camila expectantly.

"It's who." Camila said.

"I know that! What I mean is what did she help you find?" Ally asked.

Camila stopped pacing and looked at the crowd she then smiled with the memory with Normani.

"She helped me find who I am. She gave me courage to love. That was the least I expected, loving with fear. It was then I realized I should not be afraid that I should be brave for her. She's the reason why my eyes sparkle. My grins are wide, my tone is energetic that is because of her. She let me find my happiness too. She let me find the answers to my questions! Ally, she's the reason why I'm not afraid to write 'her' in my poetry instead of a 'him' I don't have to hide that I love her." Camila said.

"You love her huh?" Ally asked.

"My brain said yes, my heart screamed her name while the butterflies in my stomach erupted. So to answer your question..... Yes! I love her."

"Cous. If you love her.... Don't you ever dare to back out again. Don't let your fear nor the people that guards you stop you from fighting. Use the courage that you have now.... Until it's too late. A lot of people in this town missed that opportunity to love the person they truly loved, they let the fear take over them." Ally reassured Camila.

"How comes the majority of the population thinks it's wrong?" Camila frustratedly asked.

"Because they are afraid that more people are capable of loving without someone's control. They are afraid that we are becoming fearless. but others did not have enough courage so they decided to left and get their heart broken." Ally explained.

"Camila.... By the end of this life we are nothing but ashes and bones. We are only living a beautiful lie but by then end we are going to face the painful truth of death. Loving is part of it. We love because we wanted to be happy and to make that person happy not to impress someone else. Love is a feeling no one else can ignore." Ally continued.