Chapter 22

Normani's POV

I disappeared under her touch, I don't know how it happened but I have to let whatever just get me. I knew she remembered by the look she gave me. I'm happy that she did but I feel bad because she watched me disappear. I wonder if this how it happened to her.

"Normani." a deep, yet smooth voice called out from behind me.

I am completely in a room that is white, no windows, no doors not even a sign of somewhere I can go out. I feel as if I'm in an egg. I turned around to look at whoever called me. He's also wearing White pants and a shirt.

"Are you the one who took me?"

"Perhaps." he said.

"What do you want? Why did you let Camila watch me crumble under her? Why did you let her feel the way I felt when she disappeared?"

"Ok now, sweetheart." He calmly said, leaving a safe distance between us. "Her memories came back to her naturally, and you did nothing wrong, trust me. But. It is a rule for us that if she remembers you'll be the exchange, but don't worry, we will have a little wager."

"And what is that wager gonna be?" I asked willingly because I don't want Camila to feel the pain I felt.

"You're gonna forget Camila and everyone connected to her. So practically you will be Camila. What happened to Camila will happen to you and what happened to you will happen to her. But there's a next choice for you." he said and took three steps. "You'll go back to where you Camila once woke up and everything will go to normal. But you are not allowed to take her to places you both once loved, don't introduce her to people you both once loved. Don't ever remind her anything from your past."

Without thinking I agreed to the next one, without letting him finish.

"So you have agreed?" he asked, spreading his arms in bewilderment.

"Yes! just don't let her suffer the way I did." I said willingly.

"Well then.... as you agree on terms of you going back to the way it used to be.... your path will be controlled. It will be our task to play with your path, Normani. Call it a debt you need to pay. As you go live your life we will be playing with it. So just enjoy the ride." He said and smiled at me expectantly.

"Also, before I can even forget. You are not allowed to take Camila in the place where you confessed your love for each other." he said and walked away. Leaving me paralyzed. A swirl underneath my feet sucked me back in.

"Normani, Normani! Please wake up." I heard Camila say.

"I-I'm awake." I said, panting.

"Are you sure you're ok?"

"Not really." I said.

"What can I do? Do you need anything?" She asked me.

"A kiss? Perhaps?" I asked suggestively.

She gave me a wide grin and brought our lips together and gave me a lingering kiss.

"But really, are you alright?" She asked.

I nodded my head and carressed her cheek. Ally then barge in to our room and told us that we are going shopping.

*At the Mall*

We parked our cars in the underground parking lot but we groaned since our spot is far away from the entrance. Lauren and Ally are walking hand in hand infront of me, Camila and Dinah, when we heard a roaring of a car. Ally stopped to tie her shoe laces and from there everything was slow..... Lauren took a step forward and glances both side and once she turned around the car collided with her body. I was frozen in place as I saw Ally slowly stood up screaming Lauren's name.