Chapter 15

Camila's POV

After a long dreadful flight, we finally made it to our destination for our feild trip, Rio De Janeirio. The place are full of people, it's loud in a good way, people greeting each other, asking how other people's day have been. It gives me a positive vibe to be in this place. Normani then interlaced our fingers together. I smiled at her and we followed the group to wherever we are going.

"Nice hotel room!" Dinah exclaimed as we enetered the room that is designated for us 5.

"Oooh! Guys! We can see the statue of Jesus from here!" Ally infromed.

"So that only meant we can't see the beach." Lauren commented.

We looked around our hotel room and was fascinated that our room contains 2 shower rooms, 2 washrooms and alot of outlet, and ofcourse a tv. We then heard a sudden knock. Lauren volunteered to open it and we saw Mr. Fitz.

"Hey, Guys! Just came here to inform you that there will be a buffet for dinner on the 7th floor. It will start at 9:00 pm and till then you guys are allowed to roam around Rio, but don't forget to stick together or call us if you guys are lost. You know the rules." He said.

We all nodded our heads, and reassured him we will be safe.

"So where do you guys want to go? The Statue is close so we can go there." Normani said.

"Isn't there a dance party tonight since it's a celebration or something?" I asked.

"Oh yeah! We can go dance before dinner." Dinah said.

We pack the things we needed, phones, hotel key, IDs and a lot more identification cards in our wallet.

"OMG! This is so fun!" I said as i jumped with the beat of the music. People are scattered around claping their hands, some are doing Cha Cha and others are singing along. It's not a typical city dance party where you can see drunken people. It's a dance party, no one's drunk and everything is just about the music and the dance. As i turned around a cold liquid spilled on my shirt.

"Oh Gosh! I'm really sorry!" A waitress said, quickly wiping the beverage off my shirt.

"It's ok. It was an accident." I replied.

"Oh no-" She said but she cut herself off once she saw my face.

"Camila?" She asked.

"Karen?" I said. "OMG! It is you!"

We hugged and went over the mini bar where beverages are served.

"I haven't seen you for so long!" Karen said exaggerating the word long.

"I know! I mean seriously!" I agreed.

We talked and I helped her serve. After her shift we decided to go at the higher level of where the dance party is where you can see the almost the entire Rio. It was peacefully quiet.

"This place is relaxing." I said.

"I know it is."

We only stared at the beauty of the city lights and the party going on when I heard my phone beep.

"Hey! Camila where are you?" Dinah asked, screaming through the loud noise.

"Where are you guys?" I asked back.

"At the feet of Jesus." Dinah said.

"I will be there." I said.

"Karen, It is nice to see you again. But I have to go. We'll catch up later ok?" I said.

We hugged and she walked me down. I then found Normani, Ally, Lauren and Dinah, their heads are craned up high like turtles but Normani's head was down. Dinah then spotted me and made my way to where I am, and the other girls followed.

"Where were you? Are you hurt? Do we have to go the hospital? Call Mr. Fitz?" Dinah rumbled.

I giggled "Dinah I'm fine! I just bumped into my old friend and catch up with each other's lives."

"Wait where's Normani?" Ally asked. We looked around and found her descending from the stairs. We ran and catch up with her.

"Hey..." I said softyly. She looked at me and smiled, it was a half smile that did not reach her eyes.

I did not push further more, but i will definetly talked to her after dinner.

"How was Rio?" Mr. Fitz asked.

"It was good! The eople are fun and the dance party!" Dinah exclaimed.

"Yeah! We met people and it was fun having a random dance showdown." Lauren giggled.

"That's great to hear because tomorrow, what we are working on is about communication and we are going to discuss on how people use different variety of slangs or new words that hasn't been in the dictionary yet." Mr. Fitz informed.

We talked and Normani is silent the whole time. "Hey.... You're quiet." I asked, concerned

"Not just in the mood to talk." She bluntly said.

After dinner, the girls asked me if I needed privacy with Normani. I thanked them and said that they would be at Arianna's.

"Please.... Normani..." I pleaded "Can we please talk?"

"Talk about what?" She asked.

"You've been quiet and distant" I sighed "and cold."

"How?"

"See? I mean right now... You are blocking me."

"Then if you wanted to talk to someone why don't you go to your friend?"

"Wait.. Which friend."

"That friend, that is worth abandoning your girlfriend." She spit out.

"Is this what it's all about?" I smiled "You're jealous?" I teased.

"Camila, Please. There is no time for teasing right now." She said and took a deep breath "You could've told me, at least. But you just completely abandoned me."

"I'm sorry." I said and walked towards her. I then hugged her tightly. "I'm really sorry..... I really should've told you before catching up with her."

"Just please don't do it again." She pleaded. I smiled at her ang gave her a kiss. I then texted the girls that it's alright to come in.

"Finally! My ship is finally functioning! We can sail now!" Dinah screamed jumping on top of us.

"Dinah!" Me and Normani shrieked.

Normani and I are cuddled up on my bed. Then I hear Normani's quiet snores. it was low and peaceful, it was the last thing i heard before sleep consumes me.