Twentyseven

Jimin-
Maternity leave is the worst thing ever I've done. I hate not working. I need to be making more money for Jihoon so I can pay for his things. The doctor basically forced me to take maternity leave because of the twins and me being a man. I guess it puts more stress and that's no bueno.
With Yoongi being at work all the time, and Jihoon at school, it's just me at the house. With Holly of course. I started cleaning. I finished cleaning everything. I watched through a few shows I wanted to. I caught up on all chores. I took naps. It's one week into maternity leave and I've already finished everything to do.
I go into the kitchen. I need something salty. "What do we want, hm?" I ask myself and the girls inside of my womb. I open and close cupboards. "Maybe we should go buy food. That way I can get whatever I want without meanie grumpy pants telling me no." I nod. I like that idea. I slip my boots on and get my heavy coat. I grab my wallet and start walking to the store.
The snow is still falling heavily. The news says it's supposed to get worse towards the end of the week. I shiver and pull my coat tighter. "I want to live somewhere warm," I mumble. "You'd like that right?" I ask, rubbing my stomach. I smile after feeling a tiny kick. "Knew it."
I walk around the store, filling my basket with different foods my doctor said was good for cravings. I buy some tea. Hopefully tea will make me warmer since I can't have coffee. I buy a snack for Jihoon and Minho since they'll be hanging out at our house tonight. I go through check out and start walking home.
The snow is falling harder. I pull my hood up to try to stay warmer. The ground becomes slicker. The snow is deeper, it's started falling into my boots. I feel myself start to get upset from all of this. Fucking hormones. I bite my lip to start myself from crying. It'd only be worse crying.
I slip on the ice and fall onto my ass. I let out a small cry and the tears start falling. I feel someone hooks my arms and help lifting me up.
"Are you okay?" The man asks. "That was quite a fall.
I turn around and look at him. "Jaebum?" I question, wiping my tears.
His expression changes when he sees me. "Jimin? Oh my god, it's been so long."
I nod, I can't stop staring into his eyes. Something about them makes me feel weird.He wipes my tears and smiles at me. "How are you? It's been forever since I've seen you."
"Uh, I'm good," I say.
His eyes god to my stomach. "Would you look at that?" His hands touch it. Something about his touch... I'm sure I'm just cold and tired. It's nothing. "Who's the lucky daddy?"
I shake my head. "I'm a surrogate actually. Taehyung and Jungkook asked me to be."
"I didn't know they were gay, it's been even longer since I've seen them," Jaebum says.
I nod. "Yeah, they were in a relationship in high school but neither of them came out until after Tae graduated."
He smiles. "It's so nice that you're doing this for them. It's a shame you want have any for yourself."
I shake my head. "That's not true. I have a son."
He looks surprised. "Really? How old? Who's the father?"
"Uh he's five," I say. "I got pregnant when I was still a senior."
His eyes change. "Oh, who's the dad? Do you know?"
I nod. "My boyfriend from back then is. Luckily we worked things out and we are together again." We start walking.
"Oh, did he help when you weren't together?"
I shake my head. "I didn't see him when we weren't. He doesn't even know its his still."
"Let me walk you home. It's cold and I don't want you getting hurt. It's a dangerous place for a pretty boy like you," Jaebum says.
I nod. "For you too. Will you be alright getting back home?" I ask.
He smiles and nods. "I can handle some trouble. You, however, shouldn't worry about that. We don't want anything bad to happen to the small one." He touches my stomach again.
We catch up as he walks me to my apartment door. I invite him for tea since I'd feel bad not to. He gladly accepts. I put a pot in the stove. "I'll be back, I'm going to change," I say. I go to the bathroom quickly and change into sweat pants. I join Jaebum back into the kitchen. He looking at a picture of Jihoon and I at a zoo.
"He's a cute kid," Jaebum says. "How old if he again?"
"Five. And the years go by so fast. I'm really glad I had him when I did. He is my whole world," I gush. I pour the hot water into two tea mugs and put the tea bags in. I hand him one and it next to him at the table.
"What about you? Do you have anyone special in your life?" I ask.
He shakes his head. "Sadly no. I'm very bad at relationships. Plus I really like someone, but I haven't seen them since a bad incident. I'm too afraid to reach out," he says.
I feel bad for him. "Well, it couldn't help but try. If you like someone you should let them know. Find a way to make up for the incident."
He smiles and nods. "I'll do that. Thank you Jimin."
The door opens. "Daddy! Minnie is here to play!" Jihoon yells. He and the taller boy run into the kitchen. Jihoon hugs me. "We're going to play in the living room." They run off again.
Jaebum smiles. "He is so precious. And so small for his age."
I nod. "He gets that from both of his dads. Yoongi and I are both pretty short."
The front door closes. "Baby, I think I should call into work tomorrow. The storms getting bad." I hear Yoongi come into the room. He stops and looks at Jaebum. "Oh, hello."
Jaebum stands up. "I'm JB. I'm an old classmate of Jimin."
Yoongi nods. "Daegu or Busan?"
"Daegu," Jaebum says. "I was a year ahead of him."
Yoongi nods wearily. "Nice to meet you." He kisses my head. "I'm going to start making dinner. Are you staying for it?"
Jaebum shakes his head. "No, I better get going." He stands up. "It was nice catching up. And nice meeting you, Yoongi." I stand up to walk him to the door.
"Maybe we could catch up again another time," he says, opening the door. His hand brushes my lower back before he leaves.
His touch leaves a familiar feeling. What is it from? Why do I feel so dirty?
I go back into the kitchen. Yoongi is already preparing tonight's meal. "So, isn't that the boy who gave you a small hickey under your ear when we first started dating?" Yoongi asks.
I nod. "How do you remember that?" I ask.
"I remember all the times you cry or laugh. I remember when you yell or let out cute noises. Especially in the beginning. Those were the best noises. You were so cute and innocent. I remember every place I've left a love bite." He steps towards me and places a kiss on my nose. "I remember everything. And I remember the names and faces of people who hurt you. I don't want you to talk to him again. For your safety and Jihoon's."
I scoff. "He's an adult now. He's probably not as immature as he was then."
Yoongi steps away from me and continues cooking. "Doesn't matter. I don't want you at that sort of risk. Please don't go near him again. I can't stop you, but I can hope you listen and respect my request."
I nod and kiss his cheek. "Okay, I won't see him again."
"Thank you," He says. "Why don't you sit down while I cook. Make sure the boys aren't making a mess." He pats my butt. I blush and go to the living room where the boys are on the floor playing with the toys.