Forty

Jimin-
"So, I can take a pill?"
My doctor nods. "It's the easiest way. Just take the pill about four hours before before you have intercourse, and it will boost your likelihood of pregnancy," he says.
"What about the effects on the child? Does it cause anything bad?" I ask.
He sighs. "It increases the chance of a miscarriage and down syndrome. If you want we can discuss other ways. But some of the options are very expansive."
I bite my lip. "I'll take the pills. Is there anything we could do during sex to increase the likelihood of me getting pregnant."
"Different positions, more intimacy, try different things. If Yoongi orgasms multiple times, that would be best," he tells me. "If you have any questions, just give me a ring."
I smile and get up from the table. "Thank you." He smiles and shakes my hand. He gives me a prescription for the pills and walks me out of the building. I walk to our house, stopping and getting the pills. Jihoon should be getting home soon so I wait by the bus stop.
I get on my phone. Yoongi is at work until nine tonight. Jihoon will probably want to watch a movie. Maybe it will be something other than an animated film we've seen thousands of times before. I could make a microwave meal tonight. I just want to get home and have a nap.
The bus stops and kids pile out. Jihoon skips down the steps and towards me. "Today was a good day," he says.
I smile. "So you're liking your new school?"
He nods. "Ms. Kim is a very pretty lady. She's very nice and told me that I'm lucky to have two dad's. She says it's twice the excitement."
I smile. It's good seeing open minded people. We start walking home. "That's great, Bug."
"Also, do I have to call you Daddy? An older girl on the bus says that's only what babies say."
"What would you call me?" I ask frowning. What bullshit is this?
"Just Dad. She says Dad is what big kids use," Jihoon says.
I unlock the door, we are greeted by Holly. Jihoon runs to his room to put his bag away, the dog following close behind. I put the pill in my bathroom next to my toothbrush. I'll start taking them tonight. Hopefully they'll work with no problem. I go back to the living room. Jihoon is laid on the floor with a coloring book and his crayons. Holly has his head laid on Jihoon's back.
"Do you want chicken nuggets for dinner, Bug?" I ask.
He nods. "That sounds good."
I sit on the couch next to him. "Wake me up when you're hungry," I say. I close my eyes and drift off into a nap.
•••
A hand softly rubbing my shoulder wakes me up. I open my eyes groggily. Yoongi is smiling softly at me. "Hey baby. Let's go to bed, your back must be sore," he says.
I look at the window lazily. It's dark outside. "What time is it?" I ask.
"About nine thirty. I just got home."
I sit up. "Where's Jihoon?"
"It's okay. He's in bed. He had dinner, there's cereal on the kitchen floor to prove that." He hooks his arms under my arms and lift me up. I wrap my legs around his waist and rest my head on his shoulder. He carries me to my bed. "How was the doctor?" He starts taking my clothes off, in a non sexual way.
"Mm, okay. He gave me pills to increase the likelihood of pregnancy," I say sleepily.
"Pill? Is that a good idea?" Yoongi asks. "Isn't there side effects to that?" He gets out of his clothes before laying next to me. I lay my head on his chest, his arms wrapped around my waist.
"I really want a baby, Yoongi," I say quietly. "I'm going to try everything I can."
He kisses my forehead. "Okay, Love. Let's get some sleep now." His soft words flow through my ears, lulling me to sleep. His thumb making small patterns on the small of my back.

Petition for BTS to go to Warwick Castle. It's the biggest castle in England and it's so beautiful. They have a horror walk in the dungeons that I'd love for them to go through.