Chap 4 - The Night After The Storm

*SHIVAY*
The piercing rays of sun touched his face only to wake him up from the peaceful sombre. Yes, everything seems peaceful when you sleep after getting drunk because then its easy to escape from all the darkness & negativity that prevails in one's life. Shivay opened his eyes slowly & found himself up on the bed. His head was spinning like a wheel & it felt heavy. As soon as he gained senses, the memories of last night surrounded his mind. He was blank for a moment. Did all that actually happened? Did he actually said all those things to Annika? He looked around the room to get a glimpse of her but she was not there. The room was cleanly arranged. Everything was on its place. He checked the washroom but she was not there as well. A sudden rush of fear emerged in his mind.
What if she told all that to dad? What if she left after all the insult? How would he fave his dad then? Shit!!! He muttered under his breath & ran towards the living hall to find her. And the next moment he was actually shocked to see the sight. Annika was standing behind the dining table serving halwa to his dad. Both of them were smiling & chatting. She was looking normal, as if nothing happened. He took some soft steps towards the dining table.

*MR. OBEROI*
"Shivay beta, you woke up? Come here, lets have breakfast. See my daughter in law made such tasty halwa"

*SHIVAY*
"No dad! I mean I need to get freshen up" he said looking towards Annika but she was standing normally without making any eye contact with him.
One thing was sure, she didnt told anything to his father. Everything was normal & that made Shivay a bit guilty for his behaviour the night before.

*ANNIKA*
"You get freshen up Shivay, Ill make breakfast for you" she said giving him a warm smile & went into the kitchen.

*SHIVAY*
Saying he was shocked & confused would be an understatement. He was actually blank. Was she okay? Or was she acting to be okay. Even after all the insults, she is being so sweet with him? She could have easily told all that happened to his dad but she didnt. Why!? Why was she doing this? He thought while moving away to his room.

*ANNIKA*
The moment she saw him coming towards them on the dining table her heart started pounding. She just tried to ignore his gaze & thus she made an excuse and came back to the kitchen. She felt like her heartbeat would stop. She could not face him, she didnt wanted to. The previous night had been a complete trauma for her. The moment he said all those things to her & collapsed, she went into the washroom to cry her heart out. After sitting there for hours she decided what all she needs to do. She could not make his life a hell. She could not make him live with her forcefully. She could not face him, especially the hatered in his eyes. She decided that she would herself do something to free Shivay from this unwanted bondage so that he flies back to his love Jennifer. All these thoughts pierced heart but there is no other way. She loves him enough to let him go and live with the love of his life. Just because she didnt got the love of her life doesn't mean she would not let him have the love of his life. She came back to the room, made Shivay lie on the bed covered him with the duvet, cleaned the room. She tried hard but her tears were not able to control. It was a heartbreak she faced. She knew she needed a lot of time, strength & patience to let it go. But she have to do it all alone. She cant tell it to anyone, neither her dad nor his dad. She cant give them both the shock of their life. She kept sitting on the recliner which was kept near the bed and just stared at his face. He was sleeping peacefully, may be because he blurted out everything that was killing him from inside. The clock struck 6 am, Annika didnt slept for even a second. She went into the washroom to take a bath, wore a beautiful pink sari, filled vermillion on her forehead & tied the mangalsutra. Even if he hates her, even if this marraige means nothing to him, he is still her husband. She needs to do all that for him till the time she is there in his life & she will do that even when they will not be together. Yes, they need to get apart thought Annika & went towards the living hall.
Mr Oberoi already woke up early. She went towards him & touched his feet.
He blessed her keeping his hands on her head & said
"Sada suhagan rho beta" (Stay married always)
It took no time for those stubborn tears to come back into her eyes. Was this blessing actually for her? What an irony, a moment ago her heart decided to get apart from her husband & the next moment she got the blessing to be with his husband forever and ever.
She was lost in her thoughts when Mr Oberoi said
"Annika? Havent you slept peacefully beta? Your eyes are so red & puffy. Is everything okay?"
Somewhere in his heart Mr Oberoi feared. What if Shivay told everything to Annika, that he didnt wanted to marry her, that he never loved her. How would he face Annika then? How would he face his freind Harsh Wadhwa then?
"Tell me beta? What is wrong?" He asked again.
"Nothing is wrong dad. Actually I was just missing papa thats it" Annika said hiding her tears. She cant tell anything to her father in law, who is already suffering from a fatal disease. She cant let him suffer anymore. She knew if he gets to know what all happened between her & Shivay, he would not be able to tolerate it. He would die out of guilt for ruining the life of both his son & his daughter in law because obviously Shivay married her to fulfill the promise he made to Mr Oberoi.
"Oh thats it? You should not be upset beta. Dont forget you have two dads now. You are no less than a daughter to me" he said caressing her head.
She needed someone to cry on & after her father in law said all those things she just hugged him & cried.
"Its okay beta, I will just call Harsh here. I know even he must be feeling very bad without you. Now stop crying okay? I cant see my daughter crying." He was relived that everything was fine between his son & daughter in law.
After that Mr Oberoi asked Annika to make something sweet as a ritual. She went inside the kitchen to make halwa for him. She was doing all the ritual that the daughter in law needs to do after marraige but all that seemed so fake & meaningless now. After she made the halwa she came out and served it to her dad in law when she saw Shivay coming towards them, she made an excuse & went to the kitchen. She just didnt wanted to face him. Also She was missing her dad but her mobile was in the room. She decided to go into the room & take her phone till the time Shivay was in washroom.

*SHIVAY*
He came out of the washroom & wore a casual white shirt & a blue jeans. He went towards the dresser & combed his hair. He wanted to apply some gel in his hair but that was not there on the dresser. He went into the washroom to get it.

*ANNIKA*
She peeped into the room slowly and when she was sure that he was inside the washroom, she went inside and started finding her mobile in a hurry.

*SHIVAY*
He came out of the washroom & saw her finding something. The moment he came out she looked at him & suddenly stopped avoiding any eye contact. She was about to move out when he called her
"Annika"
She stopped but didnt turned back to see him.
He went towards her, stood in front of her and said
"I ...I want to talk"
But she still didnt said anything. She just kept standing in front of him while her eyes stared the floor.
"Annika?? Are you listening to me? I...Yester.day..actua..lly....I don..."
He was about to complete his sentence when he saw her running out of the room.
For a moment Shivay didnt even understood what all happened?
Did she just ran out of the room? Like seriously? He stood there for a while unable to react for some minutes.

Precap : An agreement between Shivika

Hello dear readers,
First of all a big bear hug to all of you. and a tight one to those who actually comment to clear their doubts, to suggest, to appreciate. You guys are my real rockstar, because of you all I feel so motivated to write. Thanku thanku thanku for the appreciation guys. Means a lot.❤️
Secondly all of those who were too upset yesterday for Annika, to be true even I had tears in my eyes while writing that part. But our Annika is one strong girl so dont worry she will be fine🌼
Lastly all those who are not able to understand the title, well "The Womb Connection" means the connection between Shivay & Annika which will somehow change because of the baby in Annika's womb which will obviously be her & Shivay's baby. Now how is that gonna happen? Well you guys need to read it for that 😉😉😉