Chap 6 - The Blame Game

The irritating sound of alarm woke him up from the sleep. As soon as he woke up his eyes fell on the recliner. She was not there. He wanted to apologise to her, for saying all those things to her, for being rude to her on the very first night of their wedding. He could have told everything to her in a more sensible way, why didnt he trusted her? She was a friend too. All these thoughts were kinda boiling up his mind, for the first time in his life Shivay was feeling guilty. Suddenly the cracking sound of the washroom door brought him to his senses only to lose themselve up in the scene he saw next. She was standing there in a beautiful black & golden sari. It was complimenting her skin so well. She looks good in sari, he thought. The water droplets dripping from her wet hair were making her sari wet too.
She was busy drying her hair with the towel & we she suddenly fliped her hair to the other side, some of the water droptlest landed onto his face. He was so lost in her that he didnt even realised that his phone was ringing.

•ANNIKA•
She woke up early to find him sleeping peacefully like a small child. The hair were quietly resting on his forehead which made him look more cute. She was busy admiring him when a thought striked her mind
"Dont! He is not yours Annika"
This reality brought some tears into her eyes. Ofcourse he was not hers. But she smiled thinking how happy he would be when he will be with Jennifer  for always. Thats what love does right? It gives you happiness when the person you love is happy. If Jennifer is his happiness, she will make him meet her. True love gives a kind of pleasure in pain. You know you are losing everything still there is a kind of peace & contentment coz the happiness of the one you love matters the most. And for Annika, Shivay's happiness matters the most. She took out a sari from her suitcase & went to take a shower. After 20 minutes she came out & went towards the mirror to dry her wet hair without knowing that a pair of eyes were busy admiring her. A few seconds later she heard Shivay's phone ringing, she turned to see him looking at her.
"Shivay!"
He was still looking at her.
"Shivay!"
She went towards him.

•SHIVAY•
"Shivay" he heard her say
"Ye..Yes" he replied stammering.
"Your phone is ringing" she said.
He looked towards the phone, it was Jennifer.
Her eyes fell on the screen & it turned her face pale. She avoided any eye contact with him & went out of the room.
He felt a bit bad looking at her & also a bit embarrassed. Was he just checking her out? Was he really so lost in admiring her that he didn't even heard his phone ringing. He felt a bit wierd. But he decided to talk to her. Watever might be the reason, he have hurted her & he would surely apologise to her. Also he wanted to thank her for understanding his condition. The only thing which somehow worried him was a kind of guilt feeling. He somewhere knew something is not right. He knew he loved Jennifer but still he was feeling bad for Annika coz afterall she loved him too & he could understand how hard it must for Annika to know all this and support him. She is the one who will be losing the battle in this whole fiasco & still she is ready to do this. He cant be with her forever but he would still make everything possible to make her happy till the time she is with him atleast this is wat he can do for her.

They were having breakfast in the dining hall when Mr oberoi said
"So here is my gift for the newly married beautiful couple" he handed an envelope to Shivay.
"What's this dad" shivay asked.
"Open it & have a look" Mr Oberoi said giving him a smile.
Shivay opened the envelope and the expression on his face changed.
"20 days honeymoon trip to Switzerland" he chocked while speaking & suddenly his eyes traveled towards Annika.
She looked exactly the same! Shocked & blank.
"Honeymoon" she wispered unbelievably.
"Yes Honeymoon. I want you both to spend some quality time with each other & thus thats a small gift" Mr Oberoi expressed his small wish.
"But dad..I mean why Switzerland. We can spend time with each other here as well" Shivay said
"Yes..Shivay is right dad & moreover your health is not fine. We cant leave you here like this & go" Annika said supporting Shivay.
"Nothing is more important to me than the happiness of my children. Life is very unpredictable beta. I dont want you guys to mingle up yourself in the ups & downs of life so early. I want you both to enjoy it to the fullest, so that you both can know each other more. When you have a partner by your side who understands you, loves you cares for you supports you even the hardest of time fail to make you weak. It is more important to understand each other which can only happen when there would be no third person to disturb you both. So no ifs & buts. I want you both to go & thats it. As far my health is concerned I will be having the whole hospital staff with me right here Shivay so dont worry."
Annika & Shivay were carefully listening to Mr Oberoi. They knew they are trapped & there is no other way to escape. They have to go anyhow. Both of them looked at each other with a helpless expression.