Chap 22 - I Am Sorry Jennifer

•SHIVAY•
Shivay had decided that he will have to anyhow inform Jennifer about the truth & once she leaves he will tell Annika that he loves her.
He knew Jennifer's presence will badly effect Annika & his relationship, not a perfect married relationship but what all they shared.

ANNIKA•
Annika was trying to find her phone since morning but she could not figure it out. She tried to remember where she kept it, after searching it for half and hour she found it on the same table where she had already seen for about ten times.
"Strange" she muttered.

SHIVAY•
"Jennifer, I need to talk to you about something important" Shivay said.
"Yes baby tell me" she replied looking into her phone.
"Not here" he said.
"What do you mean? Are we going out?" She jumped with excitement & hugged him.
"Yes" he replied.

ANNIKA•
A tear filled pair of eyes were watching the scene.
"How I wish I could just tell him now that this girl is just a fraud" Annika thought.
She was not feeling good. Here Shivay was taking her out to make her feel good on the other hand she was just fooling him. She knew Shivay wont be able to handle the truth. No one can bear it that the person they loved & trusted are merely ditchers. She knew it will be tough for him but she had to tell it to him. She just waited for Karan now.

SHIVAY•
"I am ready baby lets go" Jennifer said holding Shivay's arms.
He could see the pain in Annika's eyes but he knew this was all he was doing for her.
"Its just a matter of some more time Annika, after that everything will be fine" he thought looking at her.
She tried to ignore his gaze. She cant let him see her painful eyes. Moreover she was hurt. They are going to spend time with each other. She cant digest the fact that Shivay was going with her, cause she knew Jennifer's reality.
"Lets go" Shivay said while moving out of the house.

•THE PACIFIC RESTAURANT•
After having dinner, Shivay decided to talk to Jennifer.
"Jennifer, you have been my best friend for last three years. You know me so well. You know what I like what I dislike. Anything that I have suffered in these three years, you have been a constant in my life & today when there is something very important going on in my life, I think you deserve to know it, not as my partner but as my best friend" he said looking into her eyes.

"What is it Shivay? Tell me?" She asked.

"Jennifer dont take me wrong but I dont think I ever loved you" he said with all his courage.

"What do you mean?" She said widening her eyes in shock.

"Jennifer, I know we have been dating for last three years but trust me I never felt the same for you which I feel for Annika. I never knew what love is untill she came in my life & only after that I realised that I never loved you. It was not love, its just that I thought I loved you & may be I was just living a dream. I know you must be feeling like killing me but I cant hide this truth from you anymore Jennifer. It wont be right to hide the truth from you & you deserve to know it. I love Annika, alot & I cant let her go. She had been the light to my life. You dont even know what all I had gone through the last days, dad's health just broke me but she was always there to hold me. Whenever I missed you, I needed you I saw her standing there for me always. And to be true I dont think we both ever loved each other. May be we never knew what love is Jennifer. I hope you also get that super special person in your life soon who makes you go weak on your knees. What all Annika made me feel, I never felt it with you. I m sorry Jennifer, I know you wont forgive me but please move forward in your life & live with someone better who loves you, who deserves you, the one who is only made for you cause I have decided there is no looking back for me, its only Annika with whom I want to live my life, I cant let her go. Moreover you might not believe in the cultures & rituals of India but I being an Indian know what these rituals mean to our culture. I know what all humiliation a divorcee women goes through in our society. I cant leave Annika to suffer all those things. Infact I wont hide from you that I & Annika are no more two different people, I have given her my soul, my body & my heart. May be it was not planned but we are one. I cant leave her now. Plz forgive me. I know I m your deceiver, you have all the rights to punish me." he said with tears in his eyes. He could not believe that he said all that but he was feeling relaxed now.