Chap 50 - Goodbye Angel

Shivika Room•
The name ceremony went pretty well. Everyone was really happy and especially Karan and Shivika. It was after so long that the real happiness prevailed in the house and that was because of the arrival of their angel.

It was already 10:00 pm, everyone proceeded to their respective rooms. Shivay and Annika were really tired. The whole pregnancy and birth giving scenario was really tiring for Annika. She just felt like taking some rest.

Soon after feeding her angel, she lied down next to Shivay. Her head resting on his chest while his hand caressing her head.

"I m feeling so relaxed today Shivay. The happiness on Karan's face was surreal. It felt as if he got some more years to live" she said staring the ceiling of her room.

"I can totally relate to it Annika. The peace, the contentment, the shine that I saw on Karan's face today was something I craved to see since he fell so ill. I m so happy that we are able to provide him some happiness" Shivay replied with a satisfied tone.

"I just hope he remains this happy always" Annika said. She wanted him to live till eternity but now that she somehow started accepting the fact that he has to go, she just prayed for his happy departure.

"I hope that too" Shivay replied. They kept staring at the ceiling of their room until their eyes became heavy and they got lost in the world of peaceful sleep.

The sun had hardly pierced out of the clouds when Shivay and Annika heard a continuous thumping in their door.

"Shivay sirrr" Martha called him with a shivering voice.

"What is wrong Shivay" Annika asked waking up from the sleep rubbing her eyes.

"Let me see" Shivay said standing up from the bed and moving to the door.

"What happened Martha?" Shivay asked her still trying to come out from his sleep.

"Sirrr! Sirr please come with me" Martha said choking.

"But What happened?" Shivay asked trying to figure out from her face.

"Please come sir" she insisted with a restlessness

Annika could see the fear on her face. She could feel something is not right. She went to the door and accompanied them.

The moment Annika and Shivay realised that they are being headed toward Karan's room, their heart started beating really fast against their chests. Their feet's kind of became heavy and it was as if it resisted them from going inside.

Annika held Shivay's hand tightly. Did they knew what has happened? Are they guessing it right? Is it something they always knew will happen and now it actually turned into a horrifying reality.

With utter strength they entered Karan's room.
Everything was fine. He was sleeping peacefully. His eyes closed. A beautiful glow marking his face.

"What happened Martha? You literally scared us" Annika said kind of complaint her.

"Madam..this" Martha said giving a letter in her hand.

Before Annika could read it, Shivay took it from her hand. May be his heart knew what it was!

"Dear Shivay and Annika,
It is said that the heart relations are more closer and stronger that those of blood. I never believed it until I met you both. Shivay..you have been a constant support my friend. I have always loved you and respected you a lot and actually got it back from you in multiples. All our college memories are still alive in my heart. Life would have been a boring mess had you not been there with me. Also you agree or not but that senior Sonia used to stare me and not you so stop being happy over a fact which is not real.